What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #571  
I have been using the BH as rear ballast until I get other less awkward implements to hang off the back. I do not have my rear tires filled but after this I will have it done when it's in for the 50 hour service in a week or two.
What are you using for ballast and do you have your tires filled or not?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #572  
I have been using the BH as rear ballast until I get other less awkward implements to hang off the back. I do not have my rear tires filled but after this I will have it done when it's in for the 50 hour service in a week or two.

Well check on the foam and if you fill back fill front as well it wont cost much more and it helps a lot dont fill front but even 100 lb. In each make a difference on pulling some 3 point implements keeps the front from lifting and losing steering grip plus even if just water solution if you get a small nail it makes you see the leak and slows the flat down some we had old Minneapolis moline with single from tire and it only ever had what water it would hold we filled it weekly because it took 5 days to leak out again but was not spending on a new tire lol only used it 5 times a year

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #573  

You won't gain much ballast weight filling the tires on the MT 125, especially the fronts. (Tires are really small). The fronts won't hold much, gaining only 8-10 pounds. I can't remember how many gallons the rears will take, but also not much. It will help some, but won't really "counter-balance" much more than 100 pounds. I would MAYBE do it myself, but definitely wouldn't pay someone to do it unless they did it for free....

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #574  
You would be better off leaving the backhoe on until you can either make a ballast attachment (like a 55 gal barrel filled w/ concrete) or if you get a heavy box blade / other attachments

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #575  
You won't gain much ballast weight filling the tires on the MT 125, especially the fronts. (Tires are really small). The fronts won't hold much, gaining only 8-10 pounds. I can't remember how many gallons the rears will take, but also not much. It will help some, but won't really "counter-balance" much more than 100 pounds. I would MAYBE do it myself, but definitely wouldn't pay someone to do it unless they did it for free....

Well if I got right tire size from Ls web page on the 125 you could get 140lbs in each back tire and 40lbs in each front if using foam and it would cost you about $1 a Pound if shop around so about $360 to have all 4 filled and get bullet proof tires for about 1000hrs of use or more never get a flat or low tire making a 55 gallon drum ballast is fine for a bigger tractor but on your 125 it's more weight than your class 1 three point can lift also the convenience of not needing a ballast on back and as for using backhoes for ballast is fine short term but if long term you need them frame mounted not hanging on 3 point it will damage it over time especially if doing lots of bumpy driving! If making or using a 3 point ballast on a class 1 or 2 should have some bars or chains going from where top link connected to tractor down to the ballast so you can let it down in a relaxed position not being held up by 3 point! And if your tractor has a front loader with 1k lift capacity and it weighs 1400lbs adding tire ballast should be enough because otherwise your probably lifting too much needs bigger tractor!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #576  
I forgot also to make a 55 gallon drum ballast it will cost you about $200 and a bit of time and then you have a 1k ballast to put somewhere when not using it! It's at least $100 of concrete I've made them before I'm older and maybe getting lazy but wont be making any more lol

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
My 48" tiller adds about 500 pounds back there if I really need something but don't want the length or height of the BH.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #578  
Well if I got right tire size from Ls web page on the 125 you could get 140lbs in each back tire and 40lbs in each front if using foam and it would cost you about $1 a Pound if shop around so about $360 to have all 4 filled and get bullet proof tires for about 1000hrs of use or more never get a flat or low tire making a 55 gallon drum ballast is fine for a bigger tractor but on your 125 it's more weight than your class 1 three point can lift also the convenience of not needing a ballast on back and as for using backhoes for ballast is fine short term but if long term you need them frame mounted not hanging on 3 point it will damage it over time especially if doing lots of bumpy driving! If making or using a 3 point ballast on a class 1 or 2 should have some bars or chains going from where top link connected to tractor down to the ballast so you can let it down in a relaxed position not being held up by 3 point! And if your tractor has a front loader with 1k lift capacity and it weighs 1400lbs adding tire ballast should be enough because otherwise your probably lifting too much needs bigger tractor!

All I can say is WOW! I was seriously misled by a local Kubota dealer! I just looked at the foam fill charts and it adds a lot more weight than expected. The charts show 89 lbs in each rear (26-12 x 12) and 38 lbs in each front. Still a lot of weight.

I can definitely see the benefits of foam (weight, flat free, etc..) but what about ride? It has to be much harsher, like riding on metal wheels.... Is there any flex at all?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #579  
All I can say is WOW! I was seriously misled by a local Kubota dealer! I just looked at the foam fill charts and it adds a lot more weight than expected. The charts show 89 lbs in each rear (26-12 x 12) and 38 lbs in each front. Still a lot of weight.

I can definitely see the benefits of foam (weight, flat free, etc..) but what about ride? It has to be much harsher, like riding on metal wheels.... Is there any flex at all?

I find foam rides a little rougher but i find it also get rid of some of the balloon bounce ride you get sometimes when having heavy attachment on back and loader filled on front it also makes when over loading front tires dont lose bead plus weigh on wheels dont put more weight on axle since it's on wheel rear ballast puts it on axle and bearings/bushings

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
A little mowing. Nearly every month over the last two years has had excess rainfall, some months just barely, other months more than double normal. There just ain't a whole lot of digging, tilling or anything else like that happening.