What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
Weird that the angle turned out right.

There's something weird in that first picture though. There's stuff hanging on pegboard instead of piled in a pile, on top of a pile, behind another pile.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #892  
Weird that the angle turned out right.

There's something weird in that first picture though. There's stuff hanging on pegboard instead of piled in a pile, on top of a pile, behind another pile.

I made sure the camera was angled upwards, you cannot see what is on the workbenches :eek: ..... or the narrow path to walk through :shocked:

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #893  
I picked up two sets of the mounting arms (actually given to me by the golf cart guy). The set I wanted to use were about a foot longer towards the front, the initial intent was to weld a bar across side to side in the front to mount a light bar. Those had about a three inch lower drop on the angle, making it really steep and decreasing headroom. I just got lucky for a change

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #894  
Picked up a used golf cart canopy, a couple pairs of mounting brackets, and a neat basket type thingy for $40. Only other things needed were some 2x3 square clamps. The whole project took me longer to pick up the stuff than it did to get it mounted. Worked out better than I thought it was going to. There are even a few bolt holes in perfect locations to mount some cube lights (next project in a few weeks). I am hoping to get it painted to match this week, I will post some more pics then.

It looks good and paint will make it look original equipment! I cant tell from photos but of you dont hsve sny bolts going through the ROP where they line up i suggest you drill and put at least one on each side otherwise if it gets loose from use may fall on whoever is driving?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #895  
Went down and paid for my newest biggest toy for the farm yesterday! I couldn't pass up the price i needed some new ponds on my property to control where water was going and not just send it all to my neighbors! It will cost me almost more to get it transported than to buy it but it is in full working order and it has LS in the name lol 20191215_101145.jpg

Last edited:
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #896  
It looks good and paint will make it look original equipment! I cant tell from photos but of you dont hsve sny bolts going through the ROP where they line up i suggest you drill and put at least one on each side otherwise if it gets loose from use may fall on whoever is driving?

There are two “ tabs “ that are factory welded on the ROPS, I don’t know what they are for, but they are right where the brackets are mounted. It would have to be really, really loose in order to get past them. It would surely be noticed by then.

What new toy did you get?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #897  
Will the tractor fit in your garage? I have a similar set up and i need 8 ft to get it under.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #898  
Will the tractor fit in your garage? I have a similar set up and i need 8 ft to get it under.

Yes it does. I have an 8 x 8 garage door. Concrete to door header is 95 inches, the tractor with the canopy clears by about 3 inches.:D

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #899  
Got to spend time using the backhoe today. Nothing major, just prepping a small area for concrete pad
Before
IMG_1105.JPG
After
IMG_1107.JPG

Still a bit of handwork to get forms done.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #900  
Wait until you get a thumb for the hoe. I didnt think it would get as much use as it does. I can move large pieces of un-split wood or move and stack two railroad ties at a time.