What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,481  
did the 500hr front axle oil change, used the bucket to lift the front and tilt the axle, also lubed the front axle holder and steering cylinder pin while it was up.
I ran the tractor for a bit before I drained it, the discoloration you see is all bubbles. The oil looked great, once the bubbles settled out, there was no metal or metallic discoloration at all, I was surprised since this is its initial oil change. Put 75w90 synthetic gear oil back in, that might help with foaming too.
Only took 1.5gal to the top of the dip stick, after 30+ min of sitting after moving to the level garage floor. I'll check it over the next few uses to see if the level changes. Manual calls for 1.7gal and I removed almost 2.

Interesting. I changed my diff fluid last summer at a little over 100 hours and it looked terrible. Lots of metal shavings and glitter in the fluid. Fluid was dirty looking also. It was definitely time for a change.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,482  
Interesting. I changed my diff fluid last summer at a little over 100 hours and it looked terrible. Lots of metal shavings and glitter in the fluid. Fluid was dirty looking also. It was definitely time for a change.
Interesting, I am in the middle of your intervals. I plan to change mine at 300hrs. Haven't used it much the last few months. It just now hit ~295 turning the compost pile after this years first lawn mowing and bagging and the clippings were dumped on the pile.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,483  
The stump bucket I bought was shipped in a crate made of angle iron. I cut off a couple of the legs and made some FFL Cylinder Safety Stops. Cleaned up, primed, painted and added some rubber where it meets the piston rod. I'd use zip ties to hold them in place when in use.

Attachments

• FFLS1.jpg
    FFLS1.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 33
  • FFLS2.jpg
    FFLS2.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 33
  • FFLS3.jpg
    FFLS3.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 32
   / What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,484  
Thats a really good idea! You could also add some pull type lashing straps to the angle iron in place of the zip ties. Permanently affix the buckle end to the outside of the angle iron, run the strap around the cylinder and through the buckle, pull tight. Could use something like epoxy, JB Weld, or maybe a rivet, on the buckle.

I got some scrap iron hanging around, I might make these too! Maybe rubber coat the ends to help prevent scratching? :unsure:

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,485  
both the rubber on the end and the strap are good ideas!