What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,821  
A different look ROPS mounted midship.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,823  
These compact tractors are sold here setup as vineyard and orchard tractors, hence the mid mounted ROPS which is a must to have and they also come setup narrower and with some other features. The rear mounted ROPS has no place here and the manufactures that started by selling tractors with rear mounted ROPS quickly discovered that they had to change it in order to increase the sales.

A mid mounted ROPS will fold all the way, so the highest point of the tractors is now the back of the seat or a small arch behind the seat that works in conjunction with the the ROPS. This allows the operator to drive pretty much under the branches without damaging the trees.

In the beginnings, most manufactures made it so it was required to lift the ROPS in order to open the hood, this has since been corrected on most of them, so it's no big deal anymore. It doesn't really get in the way.

A mid mounted ROPS would prevent a lot of injuries or even deaths when people lift the loader all the way up with a log on the forks, forget to adjust the tilt and end up with the log on their lap. With a mid mounted ROPS, the ROPS would prevent the log to reach the operator.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,824  
A mid mounted ROPS will fold all the way, so the highest point of the tractors is now the back of the seat or a small arch behind the seat that works in conjunction with the the ROPS.
I feel like even with my rear ROPS folded , it would offer some protection since it is just about as tall as I am. The mid mount ROPS will do nothing for you folded.
In the beginnings, most manufactures made it so it was required to lift the ROPS in order to open the hood, this has since been corrected on most of them, so it's no big deal anymore. It doesn't really get in the way.
Good to hear.

A mid mounted ROPS would prevent a lot of injuries or even deaths when people lift the loader all the way up with a log on the forks, forget to adjust the tilt and end up with the log on their lap. With a mid mounted ROPS, the ROPS would prevent the log to reach the operator.
I can see that being a big plus!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,825  
The US narrow frame tractors, for vineyards, have the mid-frame ROPS as well. Mainly because there isn't any room for rear ROPS.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,826  
The US narrow frame tractors, for vineyards, have the mid-frame ROPS as well. Mainly because there isn't any room for rear ROPS.
Interesting. I have never even seen a picture of a mid mount ROPS tractor until the post earlier.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,827  
Interesting. I have never even seen a picture of a mid mount ROPS tractor until the post earlier.
Here's a New Holland T.4 version. Most of the ones I've seen in the US are 75+ HP.
img.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,828  
Learn something new every day 🤙🤙🤙

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,829  
Quick update: Over the weekend, I didnt a few long awaited upgrades to my tractor. I added the European style "hooks and balls" quick attach, hydraulic top link, and WR Long 3rd function kit in anticipation of my EA Wicked 60 arriving (hopefully) in a few weeks.
Sorry, no photos. I did film much of it, so new YT videos will be up as soon as I edit them.
The 3rd function kit was a PITA! The bracket for the valve didn't fit well, and reaching the remote valve assembly under the gear shift required taking the tire off! Took me about 3 hours minus clean up time. Now all I need is the grapple to see if it actually works! Unfortunately, my tool box is now removed from my tractor to make room for the valve. I need to remake/figure out a new spot, or something to get my box back on the tractor.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #1,830  
Cool. Looking forward for the videos and a feedback on how you like/dislike those hooks. Did you used weld on hooks or the ones that fit on the extendable lift arms?