What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,171  
Several folks have reported bad radio interference .. from the LED replacements.

I agree. Many Amazon/eBay cheap LED lights cause interference and I personally bought a cheap set a few years back and they totally wiped out the radio. Instantly returned.

The set I run now isn't cheap, about $240 for 4 lights, but they are EMI shielded so no interference and are very bright. They are not for everyone and I usually only need them in the winter.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?
#2,172  
Started it. Drove it around the yard a couple times. Parked it.

First time it's been run in over a month.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,173  
Attached the backhoe, dug 12 holes, mixed peat, manure, top together with bucket. Filled the holes back in. Planted apple trees. A long day.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,174  
It's been a while. Not much going on this late winter/early spring. But I do have a few projects to get started on. I fired up the tractor on Sunday (yesterday) and drove down to the lower lot. Took the snow blower off, the 3 point links off, and was backing up to the backhoe to hook up to it. Since the rear glass was dirty, the sun shining on it causing even less visibility, I unlatched the rear window and let it raise up on the struts, to see the connection to the backhoe better. Suddenly, the entire glass panel shattered into a million tiny pieces of glass, the rear wiper swinging by the hose completely unsupported by the missing glass. Tiny shards littering the cab, the ground, and me.

I didn't hit anything, I didn't push on it, no clue as to why it shattered. My worst fear about owning a cab tractor came true! Though I figured I'd break the glass by hitting a tree limb or something, not a simple unexplained shattering!

Well, feeling a bit unnerved, I decided that today (yesterday) was not a good day to start this project after all. We are not off to a great start. Besides, its going to rain soon and now I have to tarp my tractor.

I just got off the phone with the dealer after ordering a new rear window. $434 plus shipping and who knows when it will come in. 2022 is off to a great start!! YAY! :confused:

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,175  
More time clearing the property. Chainsawing, hauling, burning and brush hogging. Little by little.

ch3.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,176  
I unlatched the rear window and let it raise up on the struts, to see the connection to the backhoe better. Suddenly, the entire glass panel shattered into a million tiny pieces of glass, the rear wiper swinging by the hose completely unsupported by the missing glass. Tiny shards littering the cab, the ground, and me.

I just got off the phone with the dealer after ordering a new rear window. $434 plus shipping and who knows when it will come in. 2022 is off to a great start!! YAY! :confused:

Strange. Must have been stressed somehow but who knows. The bad thing about tempered glass is it explodes into tiny shrapnel and the slivers are so tiny you wouldn't want it in your eyes. Wish they would use safety glass instead.

Check your New Holland dealer as you should be able to get the glass and new weatherstrip at about half that price.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,177  
It's been a while. Not much going on this late winter/early spring. But I do have a few projects to get started on. I fired up the tractor on Sunday (yesterday) and drove down to the lower lot. Took the snow blower off, the 3 point links off, and was backing up to the backhoe to hook up to it. Since the rear glass was dirty, the sun shining on it causing even less visibility, I unlatched the rear window and let it raise up on the struts, to see the connection to the backhoe better. Suddenly, the entire glass panel shattered into a million tiny pieces of glass, the rear wiper swinging by the hose completely unsupported by the missing glass. Tiny shards littering the cab, the ground, and me.

I didn't hit anything, I didn't push on it, no clue as to why it shattered. My worst fear about owning a cab tractor came true! Though I figured I'd break the glass by hitting a tree limb or something, not a simple unexplained shattering!

Well, feeling a bit unnerved, I decided that today (yesterday) was not a good day to start this project after all. We are not off to a great start. Besides, its going to rain soon and now I have to tarp my tractor.

Sorry for your problem.
How about a local glass shop that makes windows do you have one close by?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,178  
Strange. Must have been stressed somehow but who knows. The bad thing about tempered glass is it explodes into tiny shrapnel and the slivers are so tiny you wouldn't want it in your eyes. Wish they would use safety glass instead.

Check your New Holland dealer as you should be able to get the glass and new weatherstrip at about half that price.
I didnt even think about calling the NH dealer until you mentioned it. NH quoted me $355 but on backorder too. I canceled the order with LS and ordered the NH. Thanks for the reminder!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,179  
Sorry for your problem.
How about a local glass shop that makes windows do you have one close by?
I called a local glass shop, and not only have they never done anything like it, the also said it would be horribly expensive with all the precision holes and whatnot. I found it cheaper though New Holland anyway, so not a big deal. Just gotta wait.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,180  

We had side window explode sort of like that on a pretty new New Holland tractor-snowmobile trail groomer, it had been back to the dealer for some warranty work, the day they returned it was about 10 below zero, they unloaded it and drove it into the heated grooming shed, everything seemed fine, but overnight the right door glass had exploded with glass everywhere inside and outside the cab, fortunately the dealer replaced it under warranty.
In my area there is a glass dealer that travels all over the state and even surrounding states replacing glass in all kinds of equipment, they even offer safety glass.
as big as that rear window is I definitely would avoid opening it anytime the temperature is much below freezing.