What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today?

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,342  
Why so far away from the house?

Seems like a lot of heat loss. And a lot of cold air to trudge through to add fuel.
Insurance wants 30'. On a diagonal that's what I have, also for Aesthetics, and having the door face north that was my best option. Actual trench length is about 40' so I not to worried about heat loss.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,343  
Don't know this case, but in town where I used to live they basically banned them because the smoke was so bad. They OK'd them as long as your chimney was higher than the roof on your house.
With the lines insulated and buried there will be next to nothing in heat loss.
Smokes not bad if you burn dry wood. Of course some people cut Saturday and burn all week.
PXL_20201017_175325023.jpg

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,344  
This is a new concept for me. I have never heard of these things before. What is it exactly?

This is what I assume (without googling things): It burns wood to heat water that is pumped into the home for radiators to heat the house? Or its used to heat water in place of a hot water heater?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,345  
They are outdoor boilers, solid fueled water heaters.
The hot water is circulated to the house and/or barns and then using heat exchangers can heat the buildings or domestic water.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,346  
This is a new concept for me. I have never heard of these things before. What is it exactly?

This is what I assume (without googling things): It burns wood to heat water that is pumped into the home for radiators to heat the house? Or its used to heat water in place of a hot water heater?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Outdoor wood burning furnace. Water tank surrounds the firebox. Fire heats the water, then in my set up the pump sends 180° water to water coil in my hvac duct work. When my indoor thermostat calls for heat my indoor furnace fan comes on and blows across the water coil providing my home heat. The Hardy has an aqua Stat that turns on a draft fan to keep the water in the tank heated via the fire. There is also a coil of copper the tank that is hooked to my domestic hot water heater and as long as I have fire I have hot water.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,347  
You should like it.
I had a Tarm wood boiler in my previous house. Not outside, installed inside and burns super hot so smoke is almost non-existent.
I had mine hooked up to heat my radiant slab heat. Fantastic!

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,348  
I had the Hardy at our previous house. I unhooked it and moved it over. I heated with it for 10 years so I'm familiar with the in's and out's.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,349  
My neighbor came over Friday evening for some beer and to chat. After an hour or so of BS, he asked my plans for Saturday, which I didn't have any until Saturday evening. He asked if I could bring my tractor over to his place for some light clean up work. Typical work that needs to be done before winter. He told me that he as a small pile of dirt that he needs spread out, a small pile of manure to dump over the side of a hill, load a dead hot tub into his dump trailer, etc. Nothing major, and shouldn't take too long.

I agreed to help mid-morning. "I'll text ya when I'm ready to come over."

Saturday morning came, I texted him "I'm ready, just need to put the forks on, should take me a few minutes. I'm on my way."

I had the forks on and the bucket on the forks. Waiting for a response, I decided to clean the windows... still waiting for a response, I vacuumed out the cab... then wiped down the plastic and knobs... then checked the air pressure in the tires... blew out the filters... greased everything (again).... checked the coolant for temp range... no response.

About 2pm, I texted him again, no response. I texted his wife and she said that he left town for the day. WTF?!?!

Maybe it was some sort of emergency, maybe it was forgetfulness, maybe it was... something? I don't know. But I did get a greased and cleaned tractor out the deal. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, that's what I did on my LS tractor.

/ What did you do on or to your LS Tractor today? #2,350  
No good deed goes unpunished......