What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
Sadly, I used my machine to disassemble the remains of an outbuilding that burned down. Said outbuilding contained all my "man stuff", tools, old car, 3 motorcycles, ATV, lawn tractor, hunting gear, golf gear, everything. Only "man stuff" I have left are my guns, which were in a safe in the house, which was not involved, thankfully.

That being said, the 2538 and EA grapple did a great job of making a pile out of the remains of the building. Also picked up the motorcycle remains, a rebuilt motor and stand and the ATV remains without hesitation. It helps to have the right equipment to do work.

During this work, she developed a leak in one of the curl cylinders. Just a drip, but have to rebuild the cylinder. But I have no tools left. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #162  
Sadly, I used my machine to disassemble the remains of an outbuilding that burned down. Said outbuilding contained all my "man stuff", tools, old car, 3 motorcycles, ATV, lawn tractor, hunting gear, golf gear, everything. Only "man stuff" I have left are my guns, which were in a safe in the house, which was not involved, thankfully.

During this work, she developed a leak in one of the curl cylinders. Just a drip, but have to rebuild the cylinder. But I have no tools left. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So sorry to hear about your fire and loss of tools and toys. That sucks.

I too, had a curl cylinder spring a leak, due to seal failure. Fluid wasn't coming out all that bad, but I'm not one to let things "fester", so I took it to a local farm equipment repair guy and he had the seal in stock and repacked the cylinder in a day for me. Was also $125 LESS than another construction equipment shop and the dealer (25 miles away) was somewhere in the middle.

Since you don't have the proper tools (yet) to fix your cylinder, call a couple of guys and you might be able to get it done for $100-$125 for labor and the seal kit combined.

The only good thing you get from this loss (hope you're insured) is a bunch of NEW toys !!!

Good luck, and keep us posted.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #163  
Wow, I am sorry to hear that. if we didn't live in freeze areas i would think about putting 400 gallon tank of water up on the hill and jsut pipe it to sprinklers in my barn. a wild idea anyway.

hope you are able to get new stuff.

It is scary how the situation went from, "holy cow, a small fire, let me try to get that put out" to an out of control blaze. Maybe a minute or two.

MOUNT your fire extinguishers! Fixed location, so you know where to get at it. I had an extinguisher in the pole barn, but damned if I knew where it was when I needed it.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #165  
Got a call from my next door neighbor. Had to take my 2538 and pull his Kabota out of a jamb. Seems he ran over a stump (flush to the ground) that he didn't see, and his box blade got hung up on it, pretty bad. It took everything both tractors had to get him "un-hooked" from the stump.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #166  
I installed bolt on hooks & clevis mounts on my loader bucket, and fab'd a mount that attaches to the ROPS to support a small tool box. :thumbsup:

Did some snow fighting. Had about 6" of wet snow. Driveway is about 1/4 mile with a lot of elevation change and curves. The 2538 and 8' snow pusher did a great job, with the scraper blade cleaning up.

Mahindra 2538 snow pusher - YouTube

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #168  
Finally got about 90 minutes of seat time today, after a 3 week recovery of surgery. (Nothing serious, just inconvenient.)
Neighbors lot doesn't have any ground cover at all yet (new build house and new clearing of lot), and with the rains we've had I got a couple of tons of silt that ran off of his place onto mine. So I spent about an hour or so scraping that up with my FEL, and then another 30 minutes grading our シ mile drive. It was a great day to be out and about.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #169  
Moved lots of snow last week with bucket, front plow, and rear blade. Today I tried out my new Titan 48" pallet FEL attachment with integrated trailer hitch receiver. I used the receiver to move my utility trailer (1400 lb), 26' boat/trailer (7500 lb) and toy hauler travel trailer (8500 lb and 1200 TW). It worked like a champ, and I love being able to face the trailer rather than twisting around to see behind me when I'm using the 3-point trailer hitch. It's handy to be able to lift the boat trailer as high as I want -- will come in handy in the summer. 20180214_175318.jpg20180214_182124.jpg20180218_174439.jpg20180218_174503.jpg20180218_174521.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #170  
Popped another hose. 3 in 106 hours. This one was on the curl cylinder for the backhoe, the other two have been on the FEL.

I think I'm going to sell it.