What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #731  
I got mine! Haven't really gotten to use it because I was busy yesterday when it was dropped off. Dealer didn't fill my tank and left me with 1/4, which wasn't a nice a surprise. So will be going out this morning to grab a couple jugs full.

I don't have any implements yet, except the loader, so will be limited with my uses right now. Mainly going to be using it to load and spread compost until winter clean up where I want to add a plow and a snow blower. Then in the spring get some box blade/land plane and get the woods roads in good shape!

Anyone got any tips or tricks for one of the 38's?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #732  
Was out using my 1526 with EA rake fetching roots out of my dirt mess, and went out by my pistol range and did some much needed raking out there. Came back and got my dremel out and did some more grinding on the turn signal/light switch and ground it down all the way. Been impaling my left knee cap on that switch/inadvertently turning stuff on when I get on/off the tractor, but mostly from turning in the seat when traveling backwards. Got looking at the seat, and there is one more set of holes in the seat brackets where they bolt up into the seat. Pulled the 1/4" pin that it pivots on. Took it apart and hit the new holes a little with a step drill, then re-assembled. Now I have another inch.... and I will take it... my knee will thank me over the years.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #733  
Used my hoe to install the track back where it is supposed to be on my excavator. The right adjuster leaks some, and the idiot operator forgot to check it whilst he was yanking out seven big stumps a couple days ago. I'd kick his arse, but I can't get my foot around back that far...... I am going to punish him by making him take it off/put it back on when the new seal kit comes.... I can just hear all the whining now ....

Attachments

• IMG_0593 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0593 (Large).jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0594 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0594 (Large).jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0595 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0595 (Large).jpeg
    592.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0596 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0596 (Large).jpeg
    511.1 KB · Views: 99
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #734  
Cleaned up some deadfall and built a burnpile.

jD1si2di-svA2coI4Iu9Dn7MdAgTuAGwXNiQ8wYErBaihFOUYamHmQIFNKVL-FsuKJteIsTCLBJ7wSz73shxJUB601mHAHpzSLHPnp_KMuaJWAHlOyR3pUfTHdgUc5I0MWnlcGZ7fAIOMJR1H3Nnv9CjLL2PdT0QRVEpqsNi06VUtWh9ja6ils7mJHz2gZbn5TokKo_sivgH-e5BKJWbfW9kL7AFxXLIAOxVLDDypt2wQBz_ADyfNtHe4E6dhQsTKWezytJ3nwvRqSzC1HPCyPg4to0XdgyQ44yhZHgQ7YDnR_Ga1_ixBwO3w1mg-kL7ZNAY1t7_GCeWL2SLQqtN6mQmfpS-wp2x8BJR7wRPvdOPfQ7oIKDkwtmwzrZdTKF2MT4doF8nCCacv3WLlHSPKfRLkDnau-j3aHAPLSsEpeQd7AgvwEIPya3khlFIEwwZGBKcCVbwhQtjxz_jCZkTZ1x81PfYqOaW403bMYiSjLAEV_5RQJabp8QLEyYt6nAt1hQiGh6bPgWyHAtp29R8A_bXnHRqE_SsaiWvGnBKpHrRRg0eJO11zLyxWB-4CMU5BTvl9aO1XL9drFufVHbpzQjkGntmgTWSmbyrxuvyqba0syvEyMiRzfa67OoTp99iIb1kt1r6nQ_K2-GFn8EGzoQtix8UjVQV=w500-no-tmp.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #735  
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #737  
Anyone got any tips or tricks for one of the 38's?

Congrats !! I think you'll love it. It's a real work horse.

Don't remember if this is your first tractor or not, but I run my 2538 @ 1600-1900 for almost everything, except PTO work. Seems to run real strong in that range.

Be sure to do all the maintenance on it regularly. It'll last a lifetime. If you do a bunch of FEL work, you'll need to grease the loader more often than every 10 hours, especially the bucket curl zerks. Dewalt makes a 20v power grease gun that is a God send!

Enjoy!! :drink:

Last edited:
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #738  
Did my 1000 hour service. (tractor is 2½ years old)

• Replaced the 8+2 gal of hydraulic fluid
    Replaced hydraulic oil filter (Wix now makes one for you Wix fans)
    Changed Oil & filter
    Changed coolant (didn't like the drain cock on the radiator, spread coolant all over)
    Replaced fuel filters a month or so ago, so left those alone
    Greased all the zerks
    Replaced air filters
    Cleaned radiator pre-screen, and blew out the dirt from the rear of radiator. (it was loaded!)

FWIW...I used a 12v diesel fuel pump to fill the front and rear hydraulic reservoirs. Didn't spill a drop, and pumped the 10 gal in about 2 minutes.

Last time it took me 4 hours to do it for the 1st time. 45 minutes of that was wasted on getting drain plugs loose for the 1st time, since the factory torqued them @ 1000 psi and then painted them in afterward.

This time I was done in 2 hours.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #739  
Congrats !! I think you'll love it. It's a real work horse.

Don't remember if this is your first tractor or not, but I run my 2538 @ 1600-1900 for almost everything, except PTO work. Seems to run real strong in that range.

Be sure to do all the maintenance on it regularly. It'll last a lifetime. If you do a bunch of FEL work, you'll need to grease the loader more often than every 10 hours, especially the bucket curl zerks. Dewalt makes a 20v power grease gun that is a God send!

Enjoy!! :drink:

Thanks Duffer! So far so good! Tires are getting filled Tuesday to get some weight to help balance things out when using the loader and trying to work my way up hills.

How do you find the tires? Without and weight I've found them a bit slippery!

I have a lot of dewalt batteries, so I'll look into their grease gun. Someone before mentioned zerk caps for them on ebay, do you know anything about that? Or where to get them?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #740  
Someone before mentioned zerk caps for them on ebay, do you know anything about that? Or where to get them?

Here's where I got mine.
35pcs M6 M8 M1 Polyethylene Plastic Dust Cover Cap for Zerk Grease Fittings | eBay

Filled tires: My dealer filled the tires as part of the deal, so I've always had filled tires. I've never had to use a counter balance, even lifting 1000# pallets. (but I probably should have for safety) I use the FEL a LOT. Moving dirt, stone, trees, etc. Never really saw the need for counter balance. Rear tires never have lifted up under load.

I think you'll be amazed at how much of a work horse the 2638 is. My neighbor just got a green 38 hp tractor, and I run rings around him with power, lift capacity, lift weight and better hydraulics in general.