What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #791  
I was all fired up to look see your pictures, but they did not come thru. :)

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #795  
Took some trees down while the ground was still frozen. 2638 earning its keep

IMG_7972.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #796  
Not today, but a few weeks ago. 20200129_130325.jpgIMG_20200203_143034_961.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #797  
I was at rural king today and picked up a quick hitch.The cool thing about it is its not there normal brand but it is a speeco, and the price was 99 bucks. The other neat thing is you dont need bushings for the lower pins . the lower notches are cut to fit class 1 pins. I measured 4 of my implements and it should work fine with all of them. does any one have this hitch and how do you like it. Oh and it was red not black so it even matches my tractor. I have the pats qh on my 2538 so this went on the 2810.
I have the same qh, it works well. One of the internal forks broke fro some reason and I called them. Two days later I had a new one. Pretty amazing customer service. Now I just need to modify the implements that it doesn't fit.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #798  
I should clarify that they sent me a complete new qh not just the fork which was all I asked for.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #799  
I was at rural king today and picked up a quick hitch.The cool thing about it is its not there normal brand but it is a speeco, and the price was 99 bucks. The other neat thing is you dont need bushings for the lower pins . the lower notches are cut to fit class 1 pins. I measured 4 of my implements and it should work fine with all of them. does any one have this hitch and how do you like it. Oh and it was red not black so it even matches my tractor. I have the pats qh on my 2538 so this went on the 2810.

I bought one of the Speeco qh about 3 years ago. Paid a hundred bucks more than you and had to get bushing adapters to fit implements. Has stood up to some pretty hard work. No Rural Kings around here. Just Tractor Supply.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #800  
The saddest duty in ranching is a monstrous act of mercy. Shooting a downed cow to put it out of its misery before buzzards begin their gruesome job while she is still alive. The one yesterday was especially poignant. She was the first and the last of our three longhorns purchased as pasture ornaments.

A cull at the auction, her pedigree was By Truck out of Dallas. My Dad bought her in 2005 for a mere $265, just for her horns which had the Texas Twist. She was probably about ten years old then and so skinny I named her the Sandwich Longhorn. She only had enough meat on her to make one sandwich.

Our rough old cows pushed her around until she got some flesh on her and she figured out that she had horns and they did not. After that, the little longhorn became a leader, a bell cow albeit without a bell. That was 15 years ago. She had a calf every year except 2018 then surprised us a month ago with yet one more calf.

We were in the process of building a brush pile to burn when my ranch hand spotted her down in some thick yaupon. For years I had planned on having her horns mounted and now mulled over whether to shoot her in the skull like we normally do. That would leave a bullet hole in the mount, but I decided that would be part of her story. I stuck a shovel in the ground about ten yards from her and used it to steady my hold on the .270. Her head dropped straight down then listed over onto one horn.

The Mahindra dragged her out in the open. The Wicked grapple lifted her with a chain around those horns to a convenient height for severing her noble head. Then carried her body to the top of what would now be her funeral pyre.

The famous Sportsman's Memory Shop agreed to do the honors. They are not great horns, but they will be an enduring reminder of part of our family history.

Rest in Peace, Sandwich Longhorn.

mhFzCFMxN8yfTGrTuvrEPx8F0_V0QtSojBwbiew11NDv4gK7uv0kK_AVuywT-e1lpExiOfGHNnQ4gFwcetjZJl4SwJ2xddiGn_Mw30Zxda1LMPTyJXSEK8ofYxwmks4wUQZh0vVy0ZmXJ6_HQVSnWlGRL7X28gt1nPF1QIYkSQlcAd-jQq_GvrMPI9I_H1-yV_Hn6R9cTCK46xKxipDd9_-nBMRsQlVU2hGkbc7YGbhXZzKe-6zC8MFYHj5OiM0nzjCRFNuEvKZYQVicNVBkorOcwbRPq7tiu-cfy0gKhxmE6-ZSCANhjHTU5bBhC1yXdu9lr5CRWnle6nf43aprkdOn4nzoz17Wa7rl_oXcCbgheUdyx4CX7MTwMvLoaDXQo284yIl9XQn9GU54u5g_dO9y5lhDnhu3wnv_LKDl96KvXTYS5LwAPPiGVwrQnnICMwZrMXEQUe-c-j_tbMyDRQHUsS7chtkEgyA0YoGF--k1fPT1OCoi-PoT9Or08Nafm3yD_i49WP5tw3DTUfB4m5hDHdmw_YtcGTMKHKSFo8HIGRoYH4EZ0u1DtIw7W-kgUokwgqTlgn0Cbxa10QnXyMynaFE2Pec4TrHZtOKsKxUquURYqiz4n8lWklIa3_tD9WTXh2Nu7Sm-oZu25r01UmWOxAspejzgvkfMUctStLWF20U9vFwfIaHh=w800-no-tmp.jpg