What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #461  
My dealership notified me today that Mahindra has authorized a complete engine replacement for my 2555. The new engine will ship from Texas today. So I would guess to say my tractor will be down over the holidays and I may see it in about 3 or 4 weeks.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
My dealership notified me today that Mahindra has authorized a complete engine replacement for my 2555. The new engine will ship from Texas today. So I would guess to say my tractor will be down over the holidays and I may see it in about 3 or 4 weeks.

Good for the new motor, sucks about the timeline.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #463  
With mixed feelings, I used my FEL with tooth bar to dig a grave. For about 4 months a three legged fawn has been browsing my property with its mother. The poor thing was amazingly quick, considering its handicap. My greatest fear came true when we discovered it must have been hit by a car a day or two ago. As it lay dying outside my window, we realized the best thing we could do was to help it on the way to heaven.

It was a very small critter for its age. Thankfully the hole didn't have to be very deep, and it was easy digging. I wrapped it in a sheet, and after burial, a bouquet on the grave helped say goodbye. Now I feel relieved not having to see the poor animal declining almost daily.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #464  
That sucks but ya did the right thing. Sure beats using a shovel though doesn't it. It was rough but when I bought my Mahindra, the first task I had to do with it was use the backhoe to dig a grave for my German Shepherd, which I was very attached to but had to put to sleep due to an illness. Very mixed feelings for me that day also. Almost 3 years later I still think about it every time I use the hoe.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #465  
We care for wildlife,
our livestock and pets
and grow to love them
even though knowing
that in the fullness of time
we may have to commit
a monstrous act of mercy.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #466  
IMG_0034.JPG
I was able to finally move a little snow!

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #467  
Moved 5 or 6 grapple loads of wood today before the path uphill just became to icy to use. It is a rain snow mix here add that to a frozen ground and a dozen tractor passes, it was all she had to get her up on the last pass, I decided to call it quits before something bad happened. Sliding sideways on a tractor going uphill, not the way I wanted to end the day but better than rolling it on my self or damaging the tractor.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #468  
About 300 ft in front of the house we have a drainage swail that collects all of the water off of about 35 acres. It flows thru our place, and continues on to the subsequent neighbor's land, then to a creek.

Previously I had installed (4) 12 in diameter plastic culvert pipes to handle the water. (started with 2, had to add 2 more to handle the volume). I thought it was enough....it wasn't.
:thumbdown:

I still had significant flooding when we got excess amounts of rain (like 4-5+ inches). Water even overflowed the driveway, and started to wash it away.

So....I decided to replace the 4 - 12 in pipes with 2 - 24 in pipes. Each 24 inch is the equivalent of 4 - 12 inch. So I've doubled my volume capacity, which should be enough (I hope).

Used the 2538 to scrape the compacted gravel off the driveway, and dig the trench leading up to the driveway, and on the other side, leading away from the driveway. I don't have a backhoe for my 2538, so I rented one. Thought I would dig up the 4 smaller pipes and save them but I wasn't as good with the backhoe as I thought I was. Ending up breaking all 4 of them, so I just buried them. They are located to the right of the new pipes about 10 ft. Also use the 2538 to replace the gravel, fill in around the pipes, graded the sides, and replaced and leveled the gravel on the drive.

Seeded, fertilized and supposed to get rain tonite, so I hope my rye grass germinates in the next few days to hold the soil.

Have to put rip-rap down like the guy next door. Look in front of the tractor in the distance and you'll see his 2 - 24 inch pipes with rip-rap.

Pics are of the finished product. Lots of seat time on this job. Probably 10 or more hours.
IMG_0051.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #470  
Is your 4540 4WD? I like your front tires. I wish I had some like those.