What did YOU do to your tractor today?

/ What did YOU do to your tractor today?
Drain cock arrived with todays' mail, and while I was right there anyway I figured I'd take the sight glass off for cleaning.

All that's left is fill her up, run for a couple hours to flush any old crap through and let the filter do its' thing then swap in a new filter. Should be good for a few seasons now.

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

Been awhile since I've been able to spend any time on this old Ford. Guess my Wife was feeling guilty ( yeah, right... :D ) about putting me to work on other things because while I talked about it a few weeks ago I never expected this hydraulic top link to be sitting next to my chair when I came Home one night last week.

Woo-hoo! God I Love this woman!

Fixed end needed a little bench-grindin' love to fit in the mount, and I was on my own for the hoses, but hey that's ok.

Obligatory pics:

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1541.JPG

IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1543.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

I was thinking about picking up a 3pt boom pole like I've seen here, but wondered what if instead of just a straight up lift that the 3pt does, a hydraulic top link would allow me to pull that boom lift back and increase the overall height it can lift. That's as far as the conversation we had went, jeez I should've shown her the boom pole lift I was thinking of too huh?!

Anyway, works real good with the weight of that log splitter I have on there right now. Looking forward to getting that lift here over the next few weeks and seeing how it does.

So, what did YOU do to your tractor today? :)

/ What did YOU do to your tractor today? #43  
I installed a repair stud on the starter, and finished my tractor shed this weekend.

IMG_4888.JPGIMG_4891.JPGIMG_4898.JPG

Nice lookin' shed, tractor looks happy to be in there man

/ What did YOU do to your tractor today? #45  
Drug out some timber yesterday with the '40 9n. The thing ran and pulled so good I'm thinking I might just take it to the tractor pull and see how it does in the 2500 lb class. Bought the 641 in to move the logs to the wood shed for blocking/splitting/stacking. With the wood shed half full and the good dry weather I'll be hauling wood out for the next few weeks. Might get to Nov 1 before firing up the stove.

Kirk

Attachments

• 100_5076.JPG
    100_5076.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
  • 100_5082.JPG
    100_5082.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
Looks darn good, Kirk. We gonna see any action from that winch tractor this fall?

/ What did YOU do to your tractor today? #47  
Winched some logs out but didn't have the camera. maybe later in the season if we don't get heavy snow.

kirk

/ What did YOU do to your tractor today? #48  
Double teamed with the fords yesterday. First took the 2N to get my buck out of the wood then used the 711 loader on the 641 as a hoist to skin and butcher. Made short work of it now got to get back to filling the wood shed.

Kirk

Attachments

• 100_5086.JPG
    100_5086.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • 100_5092.JPG
    100_5092.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • 100_5097.JPG
    100_5097.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 190
   / What did YOU do to your tractor today? #49  
Really like your 2N and 641. Dad used a good old 861 for over 20 years loading small round bales here on the farm. That was a great tractor.

Yessir, that 2N is a sweetheart. Nice buck, Kirk!