/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #351
The puller part is hydraulic. The hook up part wasn't.I remember the basic safety rule not to put any body parts in places where I can’t see what may be lurking.
This is an instance where I would want to invest in a hydraulic tree puller.
Thanks! I love it. I will check my scrap pile tomorrow for some 2" pipe.
More chipping today.So,...I chipped wood with the 1445 today for ninety minutes (60%-100% throttle).
Muffler wrap for the win!
- Outside air temp 55-60F, about what it was when I measured above
- engine oil temp 200F
- exhaust temperature 500F, +/-, up from 390F
- outside of muffler now 120F, down from 390F,
- hydraulic oil 105F coming off of the oil cooler and
- hydraulic oil 125F in the tank and oil filter.
As hot hydraulic fluids have been a pretty constant issue for me, the muffler wrap was so worth it. I think that the hydraulic oil cooler works better because it now pulls in cooler air over the muffler. I may need to do a slight adjustment of the exhaust tip angle to keep it from blowing on the tire, but no issues so far.
All the best,