Price Check What did you pay for your tractor

/ What did you pay for your tractor #31  
Looking at a New Holland Boomer 50 cab and the price will be in line with the horse power, if it ever gets here.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #32  
I was looking at 4 tractors, the John Deere 3025D, the 3035D and the Kubota L2501 Gear Drive and the L3301 Gear Drive. The 2021 3025D was $18499 but rose up to $22,499 on the 2022, while the 2021 3035D was listed at $22,602 but is going for 26,499 on the 2022. I looked at the Kubota L2501DT and the L3301DT but they were even more, but I found a deal when someone had to sell their L3301, and got it for 19K. It seems prices are going up even faster than the cars, as even 2019-2020 used cars are selling above what the new 2021 models were a year ago.

The following categories indicate the average price ranges: Compact Tractor – Engine capacity less than 30 HP, costing $9,000 to $12,000. Mid-Size Tractor – Engine capacity around 30 to 80 HP, costing $25,000 to $50,000. Large Tractor – Engine capacity about 100 HP or more, costing between $50,000 and $80,000.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #33  
Mid-size tractors with 30 to 75 hp usually cost anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000. Larger tractors with about 100 hp, 4-wheel drive, and a cab tend to run $50,000 to $75,000. Tractors with 100 to 150 hp usually cost anywhere from $75,000 to $150,000.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #34  
Yeah, that's why will can still buy cars at 1960 prices.
Sure can, relatively. Cars cost no more today than they did then when inflation on everything is taken into account. Long-term prices go up. Short term they bounce around. It is this short term bouncing i am talking about.

the big spike from this covid/supply thing will bounce down………

Last edited:
   / What did you pay for your tractor #35  
Sure can, relatively. Cars cost no more today than they did then when inflation on everything is taken into account. Long-term prices go up. Short term they bounce around. It is this short term bouncing i am talking about.

the big spike from this covid/supply thing will bounce dow………
This is not a Covid supply thing. Basic economics. Money supply too big, lots of inflation. Rapid up ticks in government spending, lots of inflation. The supply chain issues are compounding it, but take those away and we would still be looking at high inflation. Politicians are using the supply chain issue as a way to mask the underlying economic problems. Economically, short term is usually less than 3 years. This will take longer to resolve.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #36  

the big spike from this covid/supply thing will bounce dow………
This is correct at its most basic level. The problem is how they are building cars/trucks today. All I need is a truck with a Chassis, Gear Box, Engine, and Body. Give me manual seats, windows/locks and an OK radio and that's all need. This business of tailgates that open in 5 different directions, back-up cameras, state of the art computers, 20" wheels and tires, and the list goes on. My Very Basic 2019 F-150 XLT 4x4 had a Sticker Price of $42K, I bought it new in April of 2020 for $28,500. Ford did NOT lose money on it, for sure. It just shows you the mark-up on the trucks these days. My 1994 F-150 XL had a Sticker of $15K, I got it for $12K. Considering inflation $12K = $24K today. The cars/trucks are just like everything else today. . . Bigger - Better - Fancier - More Expensive.

Never in my life did I dream the BIG Selling Point of a pick-up truck would be the stinkin' Tailgate! ! !

Arrrrrrgh! ! !

/ What did you pay for your tractor #37  
This is not a Covid supply thing. Basic economics. Money supply too big, lots of inflation. Rapid up ticks in government spending, lots of inflation. The supply chain issues are compounding it, but take those away and we would still be looking at high inflation. Politicians are using the supply chain issue as a way to mask the underlying economic problems. Economically, short term is usually less than 3 years. This will take longer to resolve.

so it is not a supply thing huh? u are saying all the bare lots (tractors, cars, etc) are because there is too much money and people are simply buying Many more cars and tractors than before, thus emptying all the lots? I don’t think so. Lots are empty because of supply issues, not because of much higher demand.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #38  
so it is not a supply thing huh? u are saying all the bare lots (tractors, cars, etc) are because there is too much money and people are simply buying Many more cars and tractors than before, thus emptying all the lots? I don’t think so. Lots are empty because of supply issues, not because of much higher demand.
Nice change. We were talking about inflation.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #39  
Actually it's a combination of factors. Watched an Tractor Mike video from about a year ago and he said he had expected a glut of tractors on the lots when the Covid shutdowns came, but as he said, he couldn't have been more wrong. The tractors flew off the lots faster than the dealers could get new stock. As the supply chain woes increase dealers can't get enough tractors to satisfy demand Start adding in 7% inflation and the prices will eventually reach a point where demand will drop and the prices will stabilize. The only prices that are likely to drop are those artificially pumped up by less than honest dealers looking to make some extra cash.

/ What did you pay for your tractor #40  
My dealer had knocked off $5k from MSRP in late June 2020 for my T474 since it was a "layover" 2019 model, I paid 27800 with a cab/loader for mine. Then later that fall Covid shortage hit the market as it appears.