What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet?

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #2  
Those would make the excavator almost undrivable on pavement plus they’re going to make turning difficult if not impossible on solid ground. There’s a reason excavators have mild tracks vs the aggressive tracks on a dozer.

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #3  
Excavator drive motors are not designed to handle the extra stress from the extra traction. That is why grouser pads are not very tall. Kinda like LPG tracks on dozers that contiually run on hard ground. Premature wear is what you get.
But since you are paying...............knock your socks off.
hugs, Brandi

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #4  
If you're working in 'mud' any tread style will 'load up' and seem intractable. IMO, there may not be a 'one-size-fits-all' this time.

My usual tactic is to take a day or two off and hope things dry out a bit. I wish everyone had that option.

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #5  
My usual tactic is to take a day or two off and hope things dry out a bit. I wish everyone had that option.
That was what I did after I sled down the pond slope and the island stopped me. I had it pumped down to 3 feet, but muck came inside with me.
hugs, Brandi

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet?
Those would make the excavator almost undrivable on pavement plus they’re going to make turning difficult if not impossible on solid ground. There’s a reason excavators have mild tracks vs the aggressive tracks on a dozer.
Which one's? The claws or the bolt on grousers?

I can imagine driving on pavement or anything hard packed being really difficult.

If you've got a steeper gradient(say 20*) and the ground is loose or muddy, would having aggressive dozer tracks on an excavator be useful? or is that type of condition too dangerous?

If you're working in 'mud' any tread style will 'load up' and seem intractable. IMO, there may not be a 'one-size-fits-all' this time.

A few days off would be nice!

That was what I did after I sled down the pond slope and the island stopped me. I had it pumped down to 3 feet, but muck came inside with me.
hugs, Brandi
Glad you stopped Brandi, that would have been a scary slide

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #9  
Which one's? The claws or the bolt on grousers?

I can imagine driving on pavement or anything hard packed being really difficult.

If you've got a steeper gradient(say 20*) and the ground is loose or muddy, would having aggressive dozer tracks on an excavator be useful? or is that type of condition too dangerous?

Excavators have weak final drives compared to dozers. When you have those claws or grousers buried up in reasonably solid dirt it’s not going to turn. I’m sure it would drive on pavement fine but it’s going to destroy it where the factory tracks barley mark it.

/ What do people use to add excavator traction when it gets really wet? #10  
My brother - in - law went for a slide in a 12 ton digger, he bailed, it rolled and did the engine. He was lucky. The stupid part is it was summer and he forgot the grass had dew on it.