What do you do with stump once removed?

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #31  
The stump I have is not that big. I am gonna pressure wash the dirt, trim it down to a manageable size, cut it with the grain, mount it on the lathe and turn a bowl or two.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #32  
Wrap it up and put on a nice ribbon. Place near the curb and somebody wiil steal it.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #33  
Wrap it up and put on a nice ribbon. Place near the curb and somebody wiil steal it.

You forgot to add that you need a sign saying For Sale - $20. Then it’s good as gone!

MoKelly

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #34  
Being the mean hearted person I am, I've always wanted to take some dog poop and but it in a box, gift wrap it and leave it sit somewhere in the public so some dishonest person will pick it up and think they got a free deal...until they open it that is.

May do that this Christmas.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #35  
Being the mean hearted person I am, I've always wanted to take some dog poop and but it in a box, gift wrap it and leave it sit somewhere in the public so some dishonest person will pick it up and think they got a free deal...until they open it that is.

May do that this Christmas.

That’s the Christmas spirit!!!

MoKelly

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #36  
My stumps are mostly locust.
Will take at least 75 years for them to decompose.
I'm 80.
Bad planning! By the time you're 155, your place will be a mess and you will be too tired to fix it!.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #37  
So I took out a 12 inch stump the other day and with its roots, that's over two feet in diameter. Moved it to the fire pit but it's taking longer than expected to burn (it's been dead and cut down a few years ago). What do you do with your removed stumps?
I have made a fire pit or ring of stumps before, that way you aren't in a hurry for them to burn because they are useful, guess what.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #38  
So I took out a 12 inch stump the other day and with its roots, that's over two feet in diameter. Moved it to the fire pit but it's taking longer than expected to burn (it's been dead and cut down a few years ago). What do you do with your removed stumps?
I have a growing problem with beaver making swiss cheese of my creek banks with bank den burrowing. The dens often collapse into a sink hole after spring thaws. Perfect spot for a 2 foot diameter stump like yours and/or random beaver dam spoil pile material.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #39  
My place had over 40 stumps on it cut from 6" to 3ft above the ground the smallest diameter stump was around 1ft the biggest nearly 4ft most were Iron bark some yellow box and red gum some were cut over a 100 years ago, They took me over a years worth of free time to get them all out With a 428 cat back hoe loader.

I ended up piling them all up to dry out the soil and clay from around the roots then picking them up as high as the bucket would go and dropping them to shake off most of the dirt clay and rocks. over the next few months I started to cut them up, roots and all for fire wood, using a couple of 20" Electric chain saws, a lot less noise and much less vibration no fatigue just a sore back, I got a hold of a heap of cheap $3, each chains from E-bay and just swapped them around, some times using a screw driver to remove excess dirt or stones in the path of the cut.
That was five years ago and all of the stumps were aged hard wood, after they were cut up the timber looked as fresh as if it were just felled, they kept me in fire wood for two winters there was a lot more wood than I thought.

Still finding the odd smaller stump cut at ground level with the mower The back hoe gets them out easily, some I have pressure washed and used as garden art.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #40  
The stump I have is not that big. I am gonna pressure wash the dirt, trim it down to a manageable size, cut it with the grain, mount it on the lathe and turn a bowl or two.
saw a guy on PBS once made lamp shades out of stumps on a lathe. measured the thickness with a flash light.