What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil?

/ What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #11  
It goes back into the 2 gallon jugs it came out of and then I take them to the local O'Reilly's, Autozone etc. Sometimes they enforce the 5 gallon limit, most times not. My 20 gallon HF oil drain dolly is about full, time to fill some oil jugs!

/ What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #12  
I drop it off at Walmart, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, etc.

/ What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #14  
Where does the oil go ? Landfill ?

/ What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #15  
Picked up by jobber and either rerefined or sold to many businesses the can use it, it does not go into ground.... Locally there is a steam excursion rail line that burns the oil to heat their boilers...

Last edited:
   / What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #16  
I store mine in wide mouthed 5 gallon firefighting foam containers, then take them to the county recycling center in my area. They have a 5 gallon limit.
I believe most states require places that sell oil to accept waste oil, but I've never tested that here in Maryland. The shops that use the waste oil for heat that I have talked to will take oil, but don't allow me to pour it in due to concerns that have been mentioned above. I'm not leaving my containers.

/ What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #17  
I recycle it unless I use it to start my slash pile burns in the spring with it, motor oil and sawdust are good slash pile starters without the danger of explosive effect like gasoline.

/ What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #18  
I drop mine off at a local garage that has uses a waste oil furnace for heat.

/ What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #19  
All the numerous county funded recycling centers around here take it for free. Most of the automotive repair places have waste oil heaters so I’m guessing they would take it.

/ What Do You Do With Your Waste Oil? #20  
My understanding is it has some value. I’m not sure what they do with it but I think it was Valvoline was advertising there was a “green oil” that was using some percentage of recycled oil.