What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?
it is passed my bed time but watching Barcelona-Real Madrid Now. but, quickly here, Governor is internal to the injector, you cannot see it from outside. if you take the back plat eof the injector then you can see if.it is directly attache to a can shaft that rotates. the lobes on the cam shaft reciprocate two small piston and with right valving it suck fuel and then injects it causing a lot of pressure and very little flow (fuel flow). if you have a air trapped there in the line it keeps compresses the air without pumping fuel. just remember air is compressible but not liquid fuel. The injector need to be bled as close as you can to actual injector. It would take a while for the fuel to fill and empty pipe as voulume of flow is low. I am not sure if yiu completely bled the air out. I had to do it several times in the last 20 years due to running out of diesel and I know the voulume of fuel is very small and is fuel pump is pulsating and sending very little fuel next to the injector anytime I bled air out of my 1700.
So I believe I'm catching on; (thanks guys!). In my pic here, am I correct that the entirety of the device shown is the INJECTOR and the red arrows are pointing to the "back plate" that, if removed, I'd see/expose the governor? Someone posted a video with a clear plastic plate in place of the metal one and that's the governor spinning around at the bottom...? And in this video, it sounds similar to mine a few days ago, after I had it parked th sideways on a hill with the tank around and 1/8th full. I think I got air in there, but, bled it out - maybe not 100% - but it ran decently or well. I will go and loosen the fuel line on the right at the injector and just keep cranking for a bit - see if I can see fuel spit out. But it was weird, (as I mentioned earlier), I removed the entire short fuel line from the injector body and nothing come up. I cranked a good 10-15 seconds. Wondering if there may be dirt in the injector ... Maybe I post a video if trying to bleed again doesn't do it.

Attachments

• injector.jpg
    injector.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 54
   / What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #32  
So I believe I'm catching on; (thanks guys!). In my pic here, am I correct that the entirety of the device shown is the INJECTOR and the red arrows are pointing to the "back plate"

Yes, that is correct.

that, if removed, I'd see/expose the governor? Yes

You need to change the oil in your injector pump to help with new good lube for the governor assembly to spin freely. Below the pic of Ford 1700 fuel injector pump innards, the very last component on the left and bottom is the governor. Do not take the back plate unless you want to clean or inspect the crankcase. There is no serviceable anything there, just inspection or spraying some WD-4 to clean the governor. You need to completely clean and remove dirt if you need to do so.

Fuel Injection Pump 10-11-13 (53) (Large).JPG

Attachments

• ford 1700 injector pump.pdf
    802.4 KB · Views: 57
   / What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?
Thank you, JC. That may be where I'm at. I have fuel seeping out of air bleed screws by fuel filter (even without cranking engine) but with both fuel lines disconnected at injectors, no fuel is coming out. Weird that machine was starting effortlessly yesterday and running pretty well overall; with the obvious caveat of losing power after 10 - 15 minutes.... Now it won't even begin to catch and run.

Thank you, JC. That may be where I'm at. I have fuel seeping out of air bleed screws by fuel filter (even without cranking engine) but with both fuel lines disconnected at injectors, no fuel is coming out. Weird that machine was starting effortlessly yesterday and running pretty well overall; with the obvious caveat of losing power after 10 - 15 minutes.... Now it won't even begin to catch and run.

How old is the tractor as well... Engines do wear out and a worn motor will drop oil pressure, especially when hot.
Its a 1983. And I know anything is possible, (with respect to an engine wearing out), but, ....man - this machine was running great up until the last month or so. Can't believe it would be caput now. But again, anything is possible

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #37  
Its a 1983. And I know anything is possible, (with respect to an engine wearing out), but, ....man - this machine was running great up until the last month or so. Can't believe it would be caput now. But again, anything is possible
So, how many hours are on it and most importantly, have you maintained it properly as in regular oil and filter changes. Lets see 1983 means it's 39 years old. Without proper and consistent maintenance, good chance the motor needs an overhaul. Nothing lasts forever, not even you.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #38  
Flip side of is also very true, good maintenance, upkeep and this lil Diesel engines do ast a long time. I still have around %90 of clutch plate thickness left on my F-1700 and my rig is 43 years old. what I always tell my boys, watch the oil and temp and you'll be much better off. I have maintained a fleet of 6 autos, some new and newer and couple of Jalopies that still run strong for many years.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #39  
upkeep and this lil Diesel engines do ast a long time.
Very true. My M9 open station has over 6000 meter hours on it and the motor is just as tight and right as when it was new back in 2002. I'm sure it will outlast me. In fact just had it in for an overhead adjustment and injector spray test and came back just fine. Even the Kubota tech was amazed how clean the overhead was, but then I change the oil twice a year, use Kubota filters and no cheap oil either. Always T4 or T6. It's a farm tractor so it gets used hard. Same with the cab tractor but it has less hours on it. Blackstone tells me both are fine too.

Oil is the cheapest thing any tractor will ever use.

So, how many hours are on it and most importantly, have you maintained it properly as in regular oil and filter changes. Lets see 1983 means it's 39 years old. Without proper and consistent maintenance, good chance the motor needs an overhaul. Nothing lasts forever, not even you.
Machine has 2031 hours. It was owned by my neighbor who I believe took impeccable care of it. When I got it about 8 years ago. I think I did a good job of annual maintenance; oil changes, hydro fluid check/update. I also pay incredible attention to how it is running and would address any anomalies.