What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?
SHE RUNS!!! It was the bleeding!!! Found that I had a service manual in the folder and it talked about another bleed screw below the inject fuel lines. Bled that and she fired right up. THANK YOU ALL.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #42  
SHE RUNS!!! It was the bleeding!!! Found that I had a service manual in the folder and it talked about another bleed screw below the inject fuel lines. Bled that and she fired right up. THANK YOU ALL.
Success at last eh! put it in your bucket list to change or at least inspect the injector pump oil. it does a lot of good for 2 oz of oil.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?
Thanks SO much, JC. And all. I’ll be doing the injector pump oil this week.

So happy. Be safe and healthy yall.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #44  
Thanks SO much, JC. And all. I’ll be doing the injector pump oil this week.

So happy. Be safe and healthy yall.
Is there a thread on changing the injection pump oil?

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #45  

The gloom & doom guys will all tell you ”your motor may be shot” but 99% of the time it’s just something simple.
Great to hear. Cost ya next to nothing, too (except some angst)

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #46  
Yep, many times it's something minor and/or simple.
Hard to even imagine that it ran perfectly fine yesterday and today the engine is "shot".

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #47  
Is there a thread on changing the injection pump oil?
Yes, I know I had some thread or post many years ago and went over it. I will search to see if I can find to send a link. if I am not able to find I can go over it easy with pics here. it is pretty simple procedure.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #48  
Yes, I know I had some thread or post many years ago and went over it. I will search to see if I can find to send a link. if I am not able to find I can go over it easy with pics here. it is pretty simple procedure.
Thanks

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #49  
Machine has 2031 hours. It was owned by my neighbor who I believe took impeccable care of it.
But you really don't know for sure. Did you get any maintenance records with it? I bet not. You can easily destroy an engine in a lot less than 2000 hours with lax or improper care. In reality, yo don't have a clue as to how it was taken care of or not taken care of. If it was mine, I'd do a compression test on the engine for starters and observe the amount of blowby coming from the breather tube. Excessive blowby is a strong indicator of worn rings or scored liners because the compression gases leak by the rings and get expelled by the breather tube and usually worn rings or liners indicate worn main bearings as well and worn mains equal low running hot oil pressure.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #50  
I did not make a thread about it but did have bunch information but it is all scattered. I will add it here with pics , it is pretty self explanatory;

DSC03567.JPG

Pic above shows the whole pump. You see two Philips head screws of the same size. The bottom is oil drain and top one is level hole, meaning as you fill the injector pump and when the level get to the level point then the oil will be coming out so you would stop filling and put the screw back in. That is how much oil you would have normally in the crankcase of the injector pump. The governor is 1/2 submerged in the oil and it slings the oil all over. The big flat head screw on top right behind the black fuel hose is also air bleed up to top of the injector pump, slightly higher than top of filter assembly to bleed all air up to that level. look the pic below for vent screw.
DSC01498.JPG

DSC01502.JPG

Picture above shows how you capture the oil without making a mess and its about 2 oz.

DSC07005.JPG

DSC01501.JPG

Pic above shows a cap that is ventilated where you fill oil. you can use either a quart bottle with a tip or a small funnel that I normally use. The cap spins freely because it is a vent cap. Need to use a box end wrench to remove the cap as the pic indicates. Reddish looking screw is also air bleed port for the injector pump itself.

All and all , it take 5 minutes to do it. I personally change the oil on every other engine oil change to maintain longevity of the pump. The oil used is same as engine oil.