What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?
Sorry to have to ask but where is the Sending Unit on my ol' 1700?

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #62  
Sorry to have to ask but where is the Sending Unit on my ol' 1700?
Here ya go.
Oil pressure sender unit is on the right side next to the oil dip stick.
DSC04691.JPG

a close up.

DSC03573.JPG

Temp sending unit is on the left side on top left corner below the oil filler cap. That's just for your future reference.

DSC03594.JPG

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on?
Well it don’t get no easier than that, does it? Thank you JC

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #64  
Well it don’t get no easier than that, does it? Thank you JC
You're welcome and agreed. Good luck and keep us posted, very curious now.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #65  
I had a similar problem on my Ford 1900 a while back. I did get a new sensor and it still did it. (lightly flashing around idle speeds) I then bought a oil pressure gauge and duct taped it to the hood. Pressure was fine. And I put a T in the line down there with some iron fittings and magically everything worked ok. No more flashing. Personally I think some "gunk" got stuck in there from the 40 years of use and when I cleared out the junk and had a gauge it then showed fine. It was a weird thing how that one went too. I've since sold that tractor a few years after doing that mod. The Gorilla tape I used to hold the guage to the hood had to be replaced once but otherwise that gauge worked fine on there with the plastic line that ran down to the T I put in. No more "flashy" oil light.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #66  
If it was my machine the first thing I would do is ask myself how old is this unit.

The next question would be have I always used the correct oil.

The next thing I would do is park the unit.

I would then, start by checking the oil to insure it was at the correct capacity. Then obtain a pressure gauge by renting at Auto Zone or purchasing at Harbor Freight. I would then do a low rpm and high rpm test.

If low pressure was recorded only at low rpm I would consider a partially blocked sump tube pickup screen, worn gears on the oil pump or excessive wear on the lower end bearings.

Hopefully a test with a pressure gauge will reveal good oil pressure at low and high rpm’s Will show a defective sending unit. If not the sending unit the time has come to drop the oil pan.

What ever you do, do not operate the unit until you find and correct the flickering oil pressure light problem. Catastrophic and costly engine failure could occur.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #67  
I had a similar problem on my Ford 1900 a while back. I did get a new sensor and it still did it. (lightly flashing around idle speeds) I then bought a oil pressure gauge and duct taped it to the hood. Pressure was fine. And I put a T in the line down there with some iron fittings and magically everything worked ok. No more flashing. Personally I think some "gunk" got stuck in there from the 40 years of use and when I cleared out the junk and had a gauge it then showed fine. It was a weird thing how that one went too. I've since sold that tractor a few years after doing that mod. The Gorilla tape I used to hold the guage to the hood had to be replaced once but otherwise that gauge worked fine on there with the plastic line that ran down to the T I put in. No more "flashy" oil light.
Actually there is a seal/diaphram in the sender unit that is exposed to oil and oil pressure. if there is a tear in the rubber could allow some oil and crap inside the sender unit. That's what happened with mine. Mine did not flicker but randomly would stay open or closed.

You're welcome and agreed. Good luck and keep us posted, very curious now.
Sorry for my delay. Installed new oil pressure switch, have run it now 4 times without issue. Problem ostensibly solved. Thank you everyone.

/ What does "oil - low pressure" light mean when it just barely starts coming on? #69  
Sorry for my delay. Installed new oil pressure switch, have run it now 4 times without issue. Problem ostensibly solved. Thank you everyone.
Good , hopefully it is a permanent fix.