What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Is it worth it to buy a set of skid steer forks that I might be able to get on the cheap? They will fit the skid steer loader adaptor I had built for my Deere 5520--85 hp-- . The forks are the HD version and I think either 3000# or more and 48" long.

Problem is, I only lift a few pallets a year and after that am stumped for it's usefulness. I think I could move big rocks or other things but never paid attention to forks that much. The forks will QT fit my skid steer attachment, are new and I think I can pay $300. Seem like that's worth it? What else do you guys do with forks besides lift pallets?

Last edited:
   / What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #2  
I mainly use mine to stir my composting manure pile and carrying a tote when i'm picking pumpkins and squash

Greg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #4  
...The forks will QT fit my skid steer attachment, are new and I think I can pay $300...
Buy them to resell at the very least... wish I could find a set for $300.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #5  
oh man ... get them! Pallets, trees, post, rocks, other equipment, change out flats, carry steel pipes, rods, tubes, get under a bale of hay, offload any thing from a trailer, onload to a trailer. Put a set of scaffolding on them (chained or strapped on), excellent for getting logs up to cut height... If I have to get even like my plow to the shop to work on it ...well its faster and easier just to pick it up and bring it in. The list goes on and on!!!

If youve never had them and get them you will be surprised how often you use them!! Hey post a pic of the adapter u built.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?
I'll post a pic of the adapter when it warms up. It's mounted on the tractor at present and you can't get a good photo that way.

Reading those other threads is pretty good. I had no idea...duh on my part.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #8  
I'm using the on I built ... What was that like 2-3 years ago? Never have been able to wreck it!!!!

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #9  
My favorite thing was loading/moving picnic tables I was building last year. 10' tables made out of 2"x10"s, not exactly what you want to move by hand.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #10  
One handy little thing to have for forks is this easy to make side carrier.

We'd use them at work to move very large gates, or bundles of long material where there is a width clearance issue. such as going in or out of a roll up door. You can manage some pretty unwieldy items by yourself by having something slightly tail heavy and chaining off to the rops to keep it from swinging.