What happened to my new trailer tire?

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Was parked at a jobsite today and someone asked if I new I had a flat on my trailer.

No, I hadn't noticed anything driving that morning. Assumed I ran over something and got my plugs and compressor. As I blew it up I had several leaks on the tread and the tire was deformed. The tread was rounded instead of flat. I assume something broke and it swelled and popped? Crazy. Probably have 1000 miles on it.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire?
ee+BJT+6Rqi2Ffg4L7XH+A.jpg

That tread should be flat, but its rounded like a bicycle tire. several small holes. Tire is a 235 80 16, Trailfinder HT.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #3  
You broke a belt, or else the tire was defective. Did you hit a pothole or speed bump a little harder than you meant to?
Be careful when taking it off, if it's steel belted there may be wires sticking out and it will be just like running your hand down a frayed piece of cable. If you leave it on the tire will get even more misshapen but it isn't safe so hopefully you changed it.

Yea, it is off. I had a spare. With all the holes it wont hold air. I had to air it up as much as possible to get the pics to send to my salesman. In the pic it had about 20psi.

I can nott remember anything that I hit or ran over. It was the back tire so the front would have hit it too.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #5  
The same tread tires came on my trailer. I had one split and contacted them. A few pictures and an email questionnaire later, a new tire arrived at my doorstep. Easy, peasy and didn’t cost me anything but time.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #6  
Is that a trailer only tire, ST, Special Trailer?.............MIke

The same tread tires came on my trailer. I had one split and contacted them. A few pictures and an email questionnaire later, a new tire arrived at my doorstep. Easy, peasy and didn’t cost me anything but time.

Was this through your dealer? Or the tire manufacturer?

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #10  
I also thing there are some structural issues in that tire now. Leaks could be from before or some as a result of the structural issue. Or both.