What happened to my new trailer tire?

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #11  
I've had a couple of those tires go south on me, none were overloaded, none were out of date. I'd never put another ST tire on a trailer ever, I'd go with a used LT tire half worn out first. Just my two cents worth.........Mike

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #12  
Had the same issue happen to half a dozen (that's correct, 4 tires plus two spares) LR E 225/75R15 Tow Max trailer tires from Power King. Made in China, every one of them had failed belts. I won't buy any Power King tires.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire?
These aren稚 bad looking tires, but I definitely don稚 need to worry about this crap. Thinking about putting firestone transforse on, but not sure if it a good trailer tire. Any suggestion on tires?

Last edited:
   / What happened to my new trailer tire? #14  
I've had a couple of those tires go south on me, none were overloaded, none were out of date. I'd never put another ST tire on a trailer ever, I'd go with a used LT tire half worn out first. Just my two cents worth.........Mike

I also moved all of my tires to LT. Got tired of repairing blowouts from travelling at highway speeds. Much better now.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #15  
Where was the tire made? I had some on my trailer made in China and will NEVER buy a trailer tire made there again. It was a rough ride going 60MPH hauling an 8,000 lb tractor. I also had one do what happened to yours while it was sitting empty.

When I ordered the trailer I have now I paid extra for made in USA tires. Not saying it doesn't happen to USA tires too, but the China ones aren't as good IMO.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #17  
Seen that if the tire is on the right side of the trailer. The side that drops off the pavement onto the rough shoulder. I was told one time it is the rough edges of the pavement that damages the tire when it make the transition from the shoulder back to the pavement.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #18  
Seen that if the tire is on the right side of the trailer. The side that drops off the pavement onto the rough shoulder. I was told one time it is the rough edges of the pavement that damages the tire when it make the transition from the shoulder back to the pavement.

Mine was on the drivers side when it busted, unloaded and unhooked. I didn't know it until I hooked it up and went after something and it was bouncing awful.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire? #19  
Could just be a bad tire. I tend to order tires by the pallet for the rental company I work for. Pallet will have 10 to 12 tires with rims. We had to get onto our supplier because they weren't rotating there stock.

A couple of the "New" tires they sent us were over 8 years old. We noticed it when we installed the tire on a piece of equipment, and a couple days later, it was flat :confused: Air it up, and it was flat by morning again. At that point, I pulled the unit over to the wash Bay, inflated the tire again, and then soaped it down. Found it bubbling through the tread. That's when we started checking the date codes and raised some he## with them about rotating their stock.

/ What happened to my new trailer tire?
Manufacturer sent me the warranty thing to fill out and they will FedEx me a replacement. Thats fine but not sure if ill keep running them. Called about Lt tires but the weight rating was lower. Transforce load e was like 3000lb. Need 3500. Might go back with Hercules load g.

Anyways, I think I hit a pothole or something a ways back. It was recent, but it seems if I hit anything the front tire would have been the one effected.