What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011

/ What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011 #1  

creekbend

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
I think that this website is great. All of us have probably learned something about various topics in relation to our love of tractors from the forums and threads interjected here. I know that I have gained invaluable information. Our seat time, whether it be farming or keeping up our property;etc, in a way binds us together as a group. Basically we are somewhat like a Family - connected by our love and interests of tractors. We, as human beings, will always have individual traits associated with our beliefs and differences. Emotional attachments in regard to topics and experiences are somewhat part of being human. We have to listen in order that we might learn. Maturity, along with understanding and patience, enables us all to "go forward" and realize our differences. My Father taught me to listen first and talk secondly. When my brothers and I were very young - 6 to 8 years old - my Father allowed us to go to the neighborhood country store sometimes by ourselves. Some of you will probably remember the type of store that I am talking about. A wood burning stove in the store where all the men gathered around to talk, discussing every topic imaginable while playing checkers or cards. Where your credit was good until payday or your next visit there. Our Dad told us to only listen and not to talk unless we were first approached and invited to join in or if we were asked something. An environment, like the one previously described, teaches a person to learn civility aiding in the advancement of maturity. A person's learning experiences, while growing up, has an effect on them throughout their entire lives. As an old adage states "We all Agree to Disagree". Whether or not an individual decides to react in a civil and mature way, utilizing maturity, understanding, and diplomacy is entirely up to them. A positive approach will be beneficial to everyone. Happy Tractoring.:tractor::tractor: I previously posted this on the Thread- What happened to TBN?? My initial post is on page 15 and is dated 08-28-2011.

Last edited:
   / What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011 #4  
Good post, Creekbend!!

And since Muhammad posted it, I'll second it:

Welcome to TBN!!

/ What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011
Good post, Creekbend!!

And since Muhammad posted it, I'll second it:

Welcome to TBN!!
I initially submitted it to the Thread--What happened to TBN?? on 08-28-2011 It is on Page 15 of that thread. I just thought it was appropriate in printing my post again because of the current conditions.

/ What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011 #6  
Creekend...all so true..great post, I too visited a country store just like you mentioned and always walked a wide circle around the old men sitting in their group...and yes there was a wood stove too, they really looked everyone that came it up and down...but they knew us kids...much to be learned about body language and communicating, even in a country store.

/ What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011
Creekend...all so true..great post, I too visited a country store just like you mentioned and always walked a wide circle around the old men sitting in their group...and yes there was a wood stove too, they really looked everyone that came it up and down...but they knew us kids...much to be learned about body language and communicating, even in a country store.
The store building is still there, and it remains a store to this day. But the stove is gone--perhaps this has to do with insurance issues. Although a new road was built and the area is somewhat built up more, it is still basically a "Country Store".

/ What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011 #8  
This is a post that I previously submitted on 08-28-2011 in regards to the thread--What happened to TBN??

Great thought for "The Front Porch"!:thumbsup:

David

/ What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011 #9  
The store building is still there, and it remains a store to this day. But the stove is gone--perhaps this has to do with insurance issues. Although a new road was built and the area is somewhat built up more, it is still basically a "Country Store".

We just lost our last country store...it was bought for the location by a chain..so that era at least for here is no more...Sad to see it go :(

/ What happened to TBN?? Previous post by Creekbend 08-28-2011 #10  
We still have one in the small town 5 miles away (although its a new building now)... you can buy a slice of bologna, 2 slices of bread, sliced cheese and build you own sandwich!!

They have hardware, plumbing, electrical, feed and seed ... of course a limited supply. A Grocery area and some dry goods... a diesel pump and a gas pump. Along with its share of good ole boys that are keen to all the local news!!

The town population is 199 ... the town also has a restaurant and every Friday night the little place is packed ... cause after dinner the local Country Band takes the stage and folks just love to gather and dance.