What happened to the "Delete" button?

Was there a delete button?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
   / What happened to the "Delete" button? #62  
Okay so we can either do edit and delete function with a time limit, or edit function with no time limit, but no delete. Thoughts?
Right now I have edit and delete on my old posts.

I vote for edit with no time limit and no delete.

Since this latest version enabled edits, I have been able to go to some of my old threads that are still active and correct links that quit working and replace pictures that didn't show anymore.

/ What happened to the "Delete" button? #64  
????? Don't see it or it's a joke I didn't get. 🤔
Hmm. Here's a picture. All of those red eyeballs are threads I've posted in.

78F40FAC-2438-4915-82BE-612DDE467D3D.jpeg

/ What happened to the "Delete" button?
Okay so we can either do edit and delete function with a time limit, or edit function with no time limit, but no delete. Thoughts?
I would rather have the edit/delete option. After a post has been up long enough and several people have commented on it, editing is a bit ambiguous.
As somebody else already mentioned though, how long will you have to edit?

/ What happened to the "Delete" button? #66  
Firefox and Brave I don't see the red eyeball. I feel cheated.. :(
Might be some software I use blocks it??

Firefox and Brave I don't see the red eyeball. I feel cheated.. :(
Might be some software I use blocks it??
It's a setting in your profile. Click on your username in the upper RH corner, then "settings" and you should get this window:

Settings.jpg

I believe that it you put a checkmark in the line "Automatically watch content you interact with…" it will bring up the eye.
Eye2.jpg

/ What happened to the "Delete" button? #68  
Unfortunately still nothing. Oh well I can live without it.

Edit. A few days later after I changed the settings suggested I see the red eye.

Last edited:
   / What happened to the "Delete" button? #69  
I would rather have the edit/delete option. After a post has been up long enough and several people have commented on it, editing is a bit ambiguous.
As somebody else already mentioned though, how long will you have to edit?

Sometimes - as happened today, when I go back to edit a post the system will duplicate the message. It looks as though I have ended up replying to myself. Now way to delete these extras.

I think you can delete one by clicking Edit, highlight the entire message, push the delete key on your keyboard then click "Save".

Since there is nothing to save it deletes the post.
I will try that.

Edit:
No luck. You would have to save your changes, and it won't allow it with nothing there.