What have you done to your shipping container?

/ What have you done to your shipping container? #21  
I have a 40 ft container with some shelves in it. Great storage, but a pain to get in and out of. My wife can't open the doors, so every time she needs something, I have to get it for her. My long term goal is to build a dog kennel where it's at, so I've gone back and forth on either using it for part of the kennel, or moving it somewhere else. I'm leaning towards moving it, but struggling to think of where I can put it so it's not an eye sore, easy to get to, and not have to be moved again. And then maybe removing the doors and framing in a wall and installing a regular 36 inch exterior house door.

Oh tell me about it Eddie...

/ What have you done to your shipping container?
First thing you do is clean it and paint it an appropriate color to blend in to the surroundings.

The dimensions are annoying for many uses. Hey, it was meant to transport stuff, not storage. It's why I say, it's one reason not to go overboard. One guy on Youtube did one up as a small house for sale. Everyone marvelled at it and gave him compliments, but nobody wanted to buy it. Think he just broke even.

You can go overboard on anything.

I have a 40 ft container with some shelves in it. Great storage, but a pain to get in and out of. My wife can't open the doors, so every time she needs something, I have to get it for her. My long term goal is to build a dog kennel where it's at, so I've gone back and forth on either using it for part of the kennel, or moving it somewhere else. I'm leaning towards moving it, but struggling to think of where I can put it so it's not an eye sore, easy to get to, and not have to be moved again. And then maybe removing the doors and framing in a wall and installing a regular 36 inch exterior house door.

That might be a job having to move it.

/ What have you done to your shipping container? #25  
   / What have you done to your shipping container? #26  
I bought a 40' HC container when I bought my property in 2017. I needed instant secure storage. I got an UGLY SOB of a container. But the dealer knocked off $700 so it only cost me $1500. I knew I wanted to make part of it livable for when I wanted to stay out there. So a buddy and I built a roof over the half I would turn into a tiny cabin. I cut a french door into one side and 2' tall by 7' wide windows in the end of it. I spray foamed the walls and used 2" foam insulation for the ceiling. The tractor lives under another shed roof I have built off the back. You can see the framing for it as I was just building it in the picture. It still mostly gets used for storage. We don't stay out there very much. It is going to be a hassle to dismantle and move if I ever want to build anything else on that spot. No regrets though, don't have a ton in it. And it makes our life easier and brings us joy when we do use it. It will allow me a place to store overflow "stuff" so I don't have to pack it all in my new 28x25 shop. So overall a win I think.
PicsArt_12-07-10.45.13.jpg