What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,231  
in 2 outings over last 5 days I am already at the 10 hr mtx period of blower. 6 so far, 12" drifts, another 12 due over rest of day.
on top of the 14 from 1-30-2022.
once this storm over and blowing done I'll be using my gc2400 AND neighbors MF1532 (bigger bucket and more lift height) to move a 15ft high bank 30+ feet over
today the GC2400 is chasing a (most likely) 18 inch storm on a 1200ft private road with 8 40 to 300 foot driveways.
I'll get it done.
had to turn in plow truck (2011 silverado 2500HD with 2022 9.2 boss DXT) back to company owner and another driver (nowhere near me, we tried to make it work) due to heart issues. road/drives (private road) get done when they get done.
GC been awesome, owner not so much LOL

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,232  
Sorry to hear the health issue, Dave. Are you an older fella, or just caught a heart condition?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,233  
Sorry to hear the health issue, Dave. Are you an older fella, or just caught a heart condition?
54 ( in April) going on 90 genetic mutation issue.
many mechanical injuries also.
it is what it is, My GC and I just plug away on my own time now helping people where I can.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,234  
54 ( in April) going on 90 genetic mutation issue.
many mechanical injuries also.
it is what it is, My GC and I just plug away on my own time now helping people where I can.
It's alright brother, perfectly healthy young people get themselves dead, quite often enough. Yet here you still are, still doing your thing. Keep on keeping on man!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,235  
decided to help my neighbor.
appox 60x20 driveway.
didn't take long.
then I decided to blow one run up to his front steps.
about 25 feet run.
54" blower.
kids sled hidden under 2ft snow 30 inches out from last step.
50cents of shear bolts and one kids sled later path was cleared.
I felt bad.
he didn't give much of a crap at all and thanked me LOL

edit: I ordered new sled for the kids.

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,236  
mounted mirrors today.
could not find anyone making set for DL100 FEL (prob due to gc2400 having loader control 2" from loader frame) so had to mess around.
bought these only due to size and characteristics of mirror itself. the mount did not matter to me.

then grabbed 2 12" pieces (12" to get past the loader controls) of 1.75x3/16 angle iron (1/8 was not stiff enough) and slotted it to fit on top of horizontal part of DL100 fel rear frame.

mirror_4.jpg

then bolted bracket there. now on that outside 3/4 inch edge there will be a weld bead top and bottom for more vibration control. this will allow me to remove that angle iron in moments if needed.

mirror_1.jpg

mirror_2.jpg

mirror_3.jpg

I'll wire brush and paint in warmer weather, any attempt now would be a waste.

there is a little vibration now but...on mirrors mounted to loader frame there always will be. but its not bad at all.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,237  
That there is a pretty good add-on. If I used a rear-mounted snow blower, I'd be all over that.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,238  
This also gives me ability to mount led that aim just in front of bucket edge.
I've got the LEDs, I've got the marine wiring, I've got the weatherproof connectors to allow bucket removal.
Guess what I'm doing next

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,239  
mounted mirrors today.
could not find anyone making set for DL100 FEL (prob due to gc2400 having loader control 2" from loader frame) so had to mess around.
bought these only due to size and characteristics of mirror itself. the mount did not matter to me.

then grabbed 2 12" pieces (12" to get past the loader controls) of 1.75x3/16 angle iron (1/8 was not stiff enough) and slotted it to fit on top of horizontal part of DL100 fel rear frame.

View attachment 732635

then bolted bracket there. now on that outside 3/4 inch edge there will be a weld bead top and bottom for more vibration control. this will allow me to remove that angle iron in moments if needed.

I'll wire brush and paint in warmer weather, any attempt now would be a waste.

there is a little vibration now but...on mirrors mounted to loader frame there always will be. but its not bad at all.
I have been looking for a way to mount mirrors since I got mine. I don't remember if the FL1805 has that bar where you mounted the angle iron, but I don't recall seeing anything like that. I will need to look at it next time I get it out.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,240  
I just bought some big magnets to mount my mirrors. That way in the woods, they just move instead of break.
I am still looking as to where to mount tool holders, as anything outside the frame gets dinged by branches here and there.
Tool box is mounted to bottom of Fel arms and that works pretty well, usual amo box.
Trying to keep the trails wide enough to drive tractor through with flail, but not too wide as I want to keep the woodsy look.