What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #601  
Its a 2 bag mixer, about 8 bags each pour. Constant shell game of moving stuff around in the garage to have enough work room. I've been pouring 4'x7'pads. Doing it by myself, any larger and the cement starts to set too soon for me to finish it.Thickness ranging from 1 1/2" to 4" depending on the floors condition.
Shop after.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
The gearbox is filled and blade bar is mounted. All I'm waiting for now is the blade bolts that a machinist is making to be finished and delivered. Before I rebuilt this brush hog I had to up my motor RPM's to be able to engage the cutter. Now, after the rebuild, I can start it up at idle. Go ahead and listen to 'r hum!

Rotary Cutter Rebuild Project Initial test Fire - YouTube

That engages real smooth, my Woods 54" has to wind up the rpms from an idle and also shakes the tractor side to side during the startup.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #603  
Got out my back blade, box blade and rake with gauge wheels and redid the driveway. Looks 1000x better than it did and got it gently crowned ahead of fall weather and winter. PXL_20200926_184823001.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #604  
I like that, I like seeing a well-tended gravel drive, it's a thing for me.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #605  
I like that, I like seeing a well-tended gravel drive, it's a thing for me.
Same here. I do the driveway about 2x a year. 1 time early after things dry up a touch in the spring and in the fall before the winter wet season. I just did an old friends driveway last weekend that hadn't been done in 30 years. It was so refreshing to do it as I drive by that house almost daily.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #606  
Me, I got a blacktop drive, but people have gravel drives around these parts, and some of them look like total dreck. When I see one kept up, it looks so nice! If I had a gravel driveway, I'd baby that thing, it would be immaculate.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #607  
I had a gravel drive for the first 18 years after I built our house. Finally paved it. Should have done that earlier.

As it's on a steep slope, uphill to the road, gravel had a number of issues.

After paving.... no more washouts due to heavy rain. No more "prepping" drive for winter (packing down first 2-3 snowstorms to form a firm base); no more resultant 6" thick ice layers (along with necessary applications of sand) in the spring. No more slinging rocks with snow blower early in season. No more tracking mud/gravel into house. In winter, if sun comes out, very quick clear-off due to black color & subsequent melting.

All in all, I feel that the 10K invested in paving was money very well spent.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #608  
Got the blade bolts and installed the blades on my brush hog project. I was able to head to a friend's house and cut the roughest field I've ever been in before. His dad usually mows it with an old tired '53 ford golden jubilee with a gas motor but let me mow it this time as a testing ground. The conditions were very wet, thick, thatchy grass and weeds. It took a few tries to get the slip clutch dialed in but once I did she was a cutting machine. Everything worked perfectly and I has horsepower to spare. I could have gone fast if the field wasnt so rutted and rough underneath the vegetation. I even mowed the trails in his woods in time for hunting season once the field was done.

https://youtu.be/KHBxSfBJKZw

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #609  
...So, did you have to keep the seat belt on just to stay in the seat?? :laughing: Yeah, that's pretty rough!

Looks like it works, however -- nice job!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #610  
...So, did you have to keep the seat belt on just to stay in the seat?? :laughing: Yeah, that's pretty rough!

Looks like it works, however -- nice job!
Ha! Just about...I thought about it a few times to be honest. Felt like either it was bottom plowed a long time ago and grew over are the old ford that usually mows it did so when conditions were too wet and it deep rutted it. I know their family does have a bottom plow for that old tractor so I guess either is possible. That plot of land has been in their family for generations as has much of the land around here.