What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #841  
Hope not too much damage Dale. Sometimes we need to walk away and come back later to make things work, I know I get a little too focused sometimes.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
Well twice yesterday within a 15 minute time period I manage to tip over my 500-600 pound ballast weight... Yes twice and even managed to get one pin wedged into quick hitch and missed other pin and top hook.... Sure glad I had added lift ring in top of weigh when I made it.... Well its upright for now and not where I want it but yesterday was along day and it did not end well..... Moral of dilemma, if making ballast weight put a lift ring on top, and be sure FEL can actually lift it if you are in recovery mode.....

Part of today will be spent assessing damage and repairs (if any)....

Dale

Well that really sucks !

Hope you did not do any damage.

I am lucky that I have enough room in my garage with a concrete floor to store my snowblower, dozer blade, front quick hitch, and my ballast box.

I have a HF 1 ton chain hoist installed spanning a few trusses with a 4" x 4" wooden post and each item is sitting on a HF 4 wheel dolly.

I just need to sweep the floor first before moving a dolly in place.

All my other implements are stored in a poll barn type garage with a gravel floor.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #843  
Looked thing over today and only damage was where the ABS tubing used as vertical tool holder (1 of 4) got a little broken...Probable cut it flush with concrete and call it good....

Dale

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #844  
Was doing a total service on the blower between storms and noticed the hydraulic fluid was a bit low in the tractor's sight glass. Looked around for the partial jug of hydraulic fluid I knew was around... didn't see it... Ah! There it is. Proceeded to put about 4 tablespoons of.... USED DIESEL OIL into the flexible funnel before I woke up enough to stop. (Substitute your own version of some choice words here)

Cleaned out the funnel, looked AGAIN for my hydraulic fluid and continued to top off the level after I found the RIGHT jug.

MORAL: Make sure to label those old jugs that you use to put used oil into! The Tractor Supply Co. fluid I had comes in a black, opaque jug; couldn't see what was in it. Rats.

Hopefully no heavy damage (I'll be changing hydro. fluid this spring), but one benefit -- I can now actually see the fluid in the sight glass, as it's now a tad darker....

So-- do I get the "dummy of the week" award?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #845  
4 tbs = 2 oz. Well, I'm sure it will be ok till spring, but that would nag on me, personally. I would probably just not wait and change it now.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #846  
Was doing a total service on the blower between storms and noticed the hydraulic fluid was a bit low in the tractor's sight glass. Looked around for the partial jug of hydraulic fluid I knew was around... didn't see it... Ah! There it is. Proceeded to put about 4 tablespoons of.... USED DIESEL OIL into the flexible funnel before I woke up enough to stop. (Substitute your own version of some choice words here)

Cleaned out the funnel, looked AGAIN for my hydraulic fluid and continued to top off the level after I found the RIGHT jug.

MORAL: Make sure to label those old jugs that you use to put used oil into! The Tractor Supply Co. fluid I had comes in a black, opaque jug; couldn't see what was in it. Rats.

Hopefully no heavy damage (I'll be changing hydro. fluid this spring), but one benefit -- I can now actually see the fluid in the sight glass, as it's now a tad darker....

HST probably holds about 4 gallons of hydraulic fluid, a few ounces of used diesel oil is probably not the end of the world...

Dale

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

NO !

This dummy thinks you have created an upgrade for our GC's, as it's now much easier to see the level of the fluids in the hydraulic sight glass.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #848  
I believe diesel has lubricating properties as well-if anything it might help lower viscosity which is not a bad thing in the cold winter :) Also hope everything works out for you Dale.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #850  
No, that was me.... At least it was from my 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon, which means a very expensive, all-synthetic, VW 505.01-rated oil. Nothin' but the best!

%22My Baby%22 4:5:09.JPG