What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,161  
Dave, that issue is relatively common, with newer GC models; I've never had a freeze-up in my old 2310. Glad you could sort it out "easily"!
LOL its so common service manager had their last cable sitting out on counter JUST IN CASE LOL
yup I got lucky and got their last one
BTW...why only ONE spinner on wheel?
I got 3..as wheel never ends up in same spot due to orbital valve vs direct connect I got tired of spinner not being where I wanted it LOL
red green and gray?? LOL the lowes spinners are awesome

spinners.jpg

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,162  
irvingj said, "These chains area PITA to install, but they sure do work -- check these babies out! (Here's where I make one of those Tim-The-Toolman growls: GRRRR!)".

That's the reason my chains are not installed yet, and yes they are a PITA to install, even after 3 years of installing them.

But these chains work wicked great on the winters frozen ice...

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,163  
so decided to look at my pedal return issue today, had already bought new pedal bushings.
disconnected rod from pedals and pedals, no matter what pressure (sideways, etc) applied in any direction, moved freely.
so the 8$ of bushings not needed.
dug into it, disconnected lot of items, everything moves pretty freely.
reconnected everything looked at return spring, it was 3/4 tightened. so wound it up full. no difference in pedal pressure, no diffeence in pedal return.
ordering new pedal return spring (part # 4265419M1 approx 18$) tomorrow. dealer will prob take back the unopened bushings and apply towards the price, they treat me pretty well as I treat them well when I go in.
found the culprit.
along with a worn out return spring (cheap...18$) the oil damper (shock absorber) part # 4260102M91 (145 $) is binding up.
this is causing the pedal stiffness and failure to return.
gonna look into disconnecting/adjusting to bypass this unit tomorrow.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,164  
$145 for a small shock absorber. Better see if the old one has gold in it :cool:
Wonder if there is a generic part to replace it?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,165  
$145 for a small shock absorber. Better see if the old one has gold in it :cool:
Wonder if there is a generic part to replace it?
not that I have seen. today gonna try to clean it with air and wd40 and possibly adjust a bit. looked into removing but would leave some linkage hanging so not an option.
its a coil over type, spring over oil filled cylinder. thought it was odd how cold weather killed my ease of pedal use and return, pulled the link to this and everything moved easily. earlier I DID have a broken bearing on frame that the hydro shaft input rests upon, fixed that and all summer long everything smooth. then we hit high teens temps overnight and it all went to hell so I dug into it. yup this unit. i is 11+ years old.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,166  
Got a pic of that? My 2310, being a single-pedal control, apparently (?) doesn't have that "shock absorber" thing.... (Or am I not understanding things clearly?)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,167  
Got a pic of that? My 2310, being a single-pedal control, apparently (?) doesn't have that "shock absorber" thing.... (Or am I not understanding things clearly?)
snowing so not crawling under now but heres part breakdown, item 55
1638978598399.png

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,168  
attached my new titan class 1/2quick hitch up and the titan 2" reese adapter/draw bar.
I do need to get bushing kits (they are on the way) and I do lose about 2 inches overall lift height compared to the pats hitches due to the way pats angle up from the bar ends.
will also need now pro shaft for tiller, pats is 3 inches center-center longer than no quick hitch, the titan is 4 inches and my tiller shaft a little to close to rick that.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,169  
Speaking of tilling, Dmacleo, look here, see if this is useful for ya (7:16 mark):

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,170  
Speaking of tilling, Dmacleo, look here, see if this is useful for ya (7:16 mark):

looks like thats basically acting as a "free floating" shock absorber for when rocks/roots hit force transferred there instead of onto tines/tractor??