What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,221  
Dmacleo, good luck as my fingers would fall off now in the cold even with gloves.

Snowing here again, been waiting for the garage roof snowfall build up, about 2' to slide off before snowblowing again.

Just might have to fire the MF up today, 20F, and clear the driveway.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,222  
Dmacleo, good luck as my fingers would fall off now in the cold even with gloves.

Snowing here again, been waiting for the garage roof snowfall build up, about 2' to slide off before snowblowing again.

Just might have to fire the MF up today, 20F, and clear the driveway.

KC
Got it done loading tractor on trailer shortly to take to dad's to get mirror brackets welded on. Not bad morning, only 5 below 0 F here.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,223  
decided not to weld mirror brackets today, at 0830 was still --3F and heating the garage just for that a huge waste.
tomorrow will be 15-20F so we plan on doing it then.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,224  
this is what you have to do to get rear wheel drive cars onto ramps in winter in Maine.
this morning starter...click..click...click.
in the worst possible location for me to work on.
went grabbed new starter decided to try one more time.
click. click...groan.groan.whir and 2 cranks and running.
damned straight I was gonna move it LOL
ramps slide of course so...pallet forks and a 3x3x6ft piece of wood to rescue.

edit: oh yeah its 24F out with a 20mph wind, wind chills running around 8 deg now. and I'm disabled so this is gonna SUCK A*S.

View attachment 730061
A proper dude always finds a way.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,225  
Spent some quality time with my Daughter out in the garage. She's an Engineering student I'm college whom I convinced to do the CAD designs for my grapple project. I can't wait to put my GC to work with the final result. I did some tree jobs late in the fall that would have been so much smoother with a grapple.
PXL_20220128_025743394.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,226  
Glad I picked this up yesterday. 6' back blade made short work of the 12" so far today. Another pass to come when the snow stops. Only wish I went with a cab
20220128_182634.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,227  
due to drifts my average snow to clear was 4ft deep this morning. blower goes BURRRRP snow moved 50 feet.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,228  
blower gonna be doing lot more burping today LOL
just waiting for temps to get above 0F.
got 4 customers that were opened up yesterday to clear out, after that I may do my own driveway LOL
BURRRP....snow gone LOL

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,229  
You guys getting the snow are fortunate. We got hammered pretty good in December but not a single millimeter of precipitation in January. First time that’s happened since they’ve been keeping records. Nothing predicted for February and they are talking drought. As for what I did with my GC, I took off the front mount blower and put the loader bucket back on. Normally that would guarantee a big snow storm.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,230  
You guys getting the snow are fortunate. We got hammered pretty good in December but not a single millimeter of precipitation in January. First time that’s happened since they’ve been keeping records. Nothing predicted for February and they are talking drought. As for what I did with my GC, I took off the front mount blower and put the loader bucket back on. Normally that would guarantee a big snow storm.
It's been a pretty light snow year here as well. By this time last year I'd put 30 hours on my tractor. This year I have done under 10. Most of the snow seems to be going south and east.

But the biggest snowfalls here are usually in Feb/March, so it ain't over yet.

I would not call those getting the snow fortunate though. I have no problem not getting up at 5AM to clear the driveway so my wife can get out for work. I would have no problem letting it sit in the shed all winter and never needing to get it out. Of course, that will never happen here, but I will not argue with a lighter winter.

Last edited: