What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,311  
Pixguy, Your postings in your "GROAN" thread, a long with others that post bring a smile to me in the mornings.

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,312  
Prior to the apparent "snow squall" last night, we had lost ALL of our snow --lawn, woods, everything-- with the exception of the piles my blower had accumulated over the winter. Yuck. Driveway's OK now, but it has struggled to get past 18F today. I'm gettin' too old for this ... stuff. And our dirt road's pretty much a disaster this spring. Oh well, it makes one appreciate the summer, I suppose...

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,313  
We're in spring mud purgatory here in my area. Snow is melted and we've been getting intermittent squalls the last 3 days but nothing too exciting. Poor GC has just been laying around the garage licking it's wounds. My dad dropped the ole girl into a foundation trench loader down last fall. I need to replace what I hope is just a leaking seal the front axle and maybe replace a pedal bushing or 2 from standing on the brake and bending the reverse pedal over on his way in. To the machines credit, a seal and bushings is a welcomed price to pay for dropping it into the trench and nearly through my uncle's foundation.

Also, Thanks to supply chain issues my grapple project is on hold with a pile of metal and a pair of cylinders waiting in the garage. I did get a CAD mockup of it and have most of the parts designed to be cut out once my CNC table arrives
PXL_20220226_200710901.jpg

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,314  
yeah I'm waiting on weather to do bunch pf part replacements too. on my gc240 the mid mount lift shaft (new one in shed) neds raplce as its tweaked, all 3 major fule lines (again, parts in shed) need replace.
oil/fuel/air filter service due on it soon.
then got 2 1723 and 1 1725M I got to do full services on, all fluids as its first service.
oh well I get tons of free food from them for doing this stuff, free eggs (free range orange yolk) free vegatables, free berries of many types, etc.
bartering works for me and keeps me fat

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,315  
nothing. I did warm it up (16 deg last night) just in case but dr appts (neck/back traction) and replacing 18+ yr old dishwasher took precedence.
but if needed old girl was raring to go LOL :);)
dishwasher don't leak gc2400 starts easily.
the MF1532 another story, is at dealer now...
high temp today was 28 with a 14-25mpg wind.
I stayed inside LOL

Last edited:
   / What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,316  
another 400x25 feet of road graded inbetween freezing weather at night and either rain or high winds in day.
only 450 feet to go.
then looked at wifes car found blown strut, ordered parts, so road can wait.
prob blew because weather prevented me from fixing this road earlier LOL

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY
#1,317  
Hey Dmacleo,

Did you ever get to replacing the fuel lines in your GC2400?, if so how did the project go?

KC

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,318  
Hey Dmacleo,

Did you ever get to replacing the fuel lines in your GC2400?, if so how did the project go?

KC
I have only done a temp repair on the pump to filter hose at pump end. weather, jobs needing done, etc have prevented me from doing them.
I was lucky, I had 3/4" play to cut and rehook.
course so much fuel was tossed around by driveshaft into fan that still smells like a leak but I've verified its not. just needs a good pressure washing.
which will happen when I replace all 3 lines hopefully in June when my climate better
still mid 20's mornings here.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,319  
more grading. few driveway entrances fixed.
down to a 150x150 cul-de-sac left to do.
figured out easiest way EVER to replace front struts on my wifes ford escape.
called my friends at local garage they cleared a slot for me 2 days after parts arrive.
:);)

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #1,320  
removed chute and rotation rod from the blower, cleaned all up with air, set down back on 10x4 ft 2x6 pallet and getting ready to tarp. this afternoon pulling mower deck and tiller out of storage, service tiller (even though serviced when put away) and prep for possible tilling jobs next week.
if weather good 3 tilling jobs next 5-10 days.