What is everyone paying for steel these days?

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #11  
The scrap yard I go to has different prices for all sorts of stuff, but if they don't think it's worth more like random pieces of steel plate or pipe or whatever is $.55 a pound where I go, most things they set aside that are worth more they want going rate for good shape even though what they have has been sitting out for years... but it's good to wander around there sometimes and try to put material to an idea... and most of the time not have to buy a whole stick.

Kind of this, they do set aside items they sell for a price tag not by weight. Otherwise I paid $0.30/lb last trip.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #12  
They are wise, common popular material is priced higher.
Less desirable get whatever you can.
You simply gotta be flexible with your build plans.

I needed to make ramps, wanted 2 X 2 angles and they only had 2 X 3 but at 2 x 2 prices.
Well nothing can warp my DIY ramps! Go with the flow!

LOL, don't toss old bedframe angles by the curb. If I see them they are mine!
So much can be created with angle stock.
Like bases for power tools, welding tables etc, on and on.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #13  
~$0.68/# new. $0.30/# scrap/drop some shapes are getting scarce.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #14  
Anyone have recommendations for a seller in the Northeast Mississippi area?
My last seller retired.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #15  
The scrap yard I frequent has a selling price that hovers around $.20/lb. Our local steel supplier is called The Steel Store it is the retail offshoot of Siskin Steel. They are selling their second line (cutoffs sitting outside) steel at $.55/lb right now. Which is a heck of a deal. I got a 36"x72" sheet of 3/16" for $70 the other day. I need to go stock up on other material while the sale is still going on. The guy who runs the show over there doesn't know how long it will be going on.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #16  
Just purchased some square tubing a few weeks ago. Paid $1.03 / lb. Massachusetts price.

On the flip side, our dump is great. We have a 30 yard dumpster for steel that's free for picking. Many times I can find what i need in there for free.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #17  
I'm rather rural in a cottage area.
As more and more folks retire plus Covid there are lots of old bed frames out for the taking.
It is amazing how useful handy angle stock is, sign posts, fencing, tool bases etc.
A recent bonus was 12 ea 1 x 2 x 3/16 5 ft lengths of nice aluminum.
Heck, the scrapper would pay me well for that.

A buddy collects all the oil tanks he can find, Cuts off the ends and drives his tractor to flatten them and uses the flattened sheets for trailer floors.
One summer he flipped 15 used trailers for nice pocket money. It is his hobby.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #18  
Not sure you're talking about the same thing but I picked up an odd collection of angle iron, channel and flat stock at a local recycling yard for 20 cents a pound.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days? #19  
My local place is $1/lb. Seems like some of the posts I've read people are getting it for much less.
A36/44W Flat plate. CDN dollars.
June 2019 = $0.52/lb
Apr 2021 = $0.74/lb second supplier quoted $1.02/lb.
Vancouver Island Canada.

/ What is everyone paying for steel these days?
My place is pretty much $1/lb for drops and then whole pieces are more and you need to buy the 20' or 10' section. It is "cheaper" to get the 20' from what I can tell and just store the extra for the next project.

I did the steel via facebook marketplace (per (removed)) and landed 3"x3" 1/4" angle. 6 10' pieces for $60/us. It was overkill, but cheaper than buying anything new. That stuff was heavy so I figure it was way less than $1/lb. Probably closer to .20/lb