What is it?

/ What is it? #1  

BufordBoone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 & M7060
The AC on our Kubota L5740 is not cooling. In trying to diagnose, I discovered something that is not plugged in. The inside appears to have "points" like I remember from my old motorcycle days. It plugs into the back of the reservoir for the windshield washer fluid. The plug in location appears to have a coil (like copper wrapped around something. I tried to plug it back in and it wouldn't stay. I then noticed the insulation is stripped a bit and, likely will require replacing.

I took a photo of the stripped wire. I know better photos would help but thought I'd post first to see if anyone knows what this is.

I've got a copy of the service manual but searching it didn't tell me anything.

My suspicion is it has something to do with the windshield washer. I'll go back out and give that a try when the weather cooperates.

IMG_1673D.jpg

/ What is it? #2  
The picture tell's me nothing but the device you described is called "Relay" in your service manual and scamatics.

/ What is it? #3  
I don't think it's a relay since there's only two wires. Maybe part of a broken windshield washer motor?

/ What is it? #4  
IMHO the 1st thing to do is check to be sure condenser & cab filter are clean with good air flow through them. Next is clamp vice-grip pliers on one heater hose to be sure no warm coolant is going through heater core. Attach AC gauges in order to observe high & low pressures

/ What is it? #5  
If you don't get an answer here, you might want to post this over on OTT...there are Kubota technicians on the site frequently.

/ What is it? #6  
Those things at the bottom of the washer bottle are probably relay/pumps. Do you have a cab with a front and rear wiper/washer? I agree with tx jim on troubleshooting your AC issue.

/ What is it?
The picture tell's me nothing but the device you described is called "Relay" in your service manual and scamatics.
Here are the photos I should have taken yesterday. I suspect it is a relay for the pump for the windshield washer.

IMG_1679D.jpg
IMG_1678D.jpg

/ What is it?
Oh, and thanks, to all, for the recommendations. Based on the service manual recommendations, it appears that the system is low on refrigerant. Putting more in is a small issue compared to WHY did it leak out and where is the leak?

/ What is it? #9  
That's halves of a motor.

/ What is it? #10  
Yea the points and coil is a relay for ws washer pump. Look's like the housing is busted and that's why it wouldn't stay "plugged in".:) The white piece is actually where it plugs in.