What is some of your Pet Peeve's

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #511  
Tech support that cannot answer your question. Argh.
Having been on the recieving end of a tech support question, depending on what information is actually given to you, it could impossible to answer to answer the question with any degree of certainty because you are not given accurate information LOL

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #512  
Having been on the recieving end of a tech support question, depending on what information is actually given to you, it could impossible to answer to answer the question with any degree of certainty because you are not given accurate information LOL
What used to frustrate me when I had a new Dell (25 years ago) is that I would go through all of their self help hints before asking for assistance. Yet it still would take multiple attempts to actually reach somebody after receiving several "suggestions" to try what I had already done. I don't recall the exact details but do remember I started putting "Please read before responding" in my email title.

Yet that was just a precursor to the modern "talking computer" which doesn't understand English... especially when I get weary of it and start using words I would never say to a real woman.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #513  
One of my pet peeves is getting a 1/4 thick instruction manual with everything.
Only because the first 3/16" is CYA warnings. The actual useful component of operator instructions and product specifications represents less than 20% of the ink and paper used.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #514  
"Why won't my computer print? The square thing is plugged into the blue thing, and I ate Cheerios this morning. So it should work!"

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #515  
I changed Internet providers because they used off shore Tech support.
No problem them being from somewhere else. A bit of accent? Who cares.
For the life of me I couldn't understand what they were saying.
You can tell the person that you are speaking with that you cannot understand what they are saying and ask to speak with a tech in America. Worked for me one time.

Trouble is, sometimes these reps are in America, but have such a thick accent you can't understand them.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #516  
Trouble is, sometimes these reps are in America, but have such a thick accent you can't understand them.
I have had a customer service representative say the same thing to me.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #517  
Last call to GE Healthcare had me bouncing from the Philippines to India to USA.

The woman in the Philippines English was very good... and I thanked her in Tagalog... the man in India I could not understand... the rep USA said he needed a purchase order to speak with me...

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #518  
One of my pet peeves is getting a 1/4 thick instruction manual with everything.
I can deal with that, but when getting an owner's manual for a late model vehicle and 5/8s of it is about how to install child seats and other useless nonsense it irritates me.

And that over half of the remaining 3/8s are warnings that should only apply to people that shouldn't be driving it the first place...

Of all the information the 1-inch thick manual all I've found useful is the lug nut torque.