What is some of your Pet Peeve's

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #301  
I would like to add follow road rules!

Last weekend a “herd” of tandem bikes rode through the village I live outside of, I stood out in front of the post office, as they rode up, I was getting ready to cross the street, and they all blew right through the 4 way stop 🛑

These were adults , 30/40 years old, all dressed in their effeminate bicycle gear…..
”Effeminate”. ?

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #302  
I figured that would set off someone like you….

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #303  
I would like to add follow road rules!

Last weekend a “herd” of tandem bikes rode through the village I live outside of, I stood out in front of the post office, as they rode up, I was getting ready to cross the street, and they all blew right through the 4 way stop 🛑

These were adults , 30/40 years old, all dressed in their effeminate bicycle gear…..
I almost hit a guy on a bike at a four way stop that has signs clearly indicating that bike traffic must also stop. I stopped and started moving and he blew through the stop sign without even slowing down.
Of course I have video of a Sheriff's car doing the same thing.
I guess stopping is optional for bicyclists and cops, more like just a suggestion.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #304  
How about emergency personnel flying with lights & sireens you see pulling into a restaurant to eat!

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #306  
I stood out in front of the post office, as they rode up, I was getting ready to cross the street, and they all blew right through the 4 way stop 🛑
They get irritated and shake their fists at cars, reminding us they have a right to travel the roads, but then ignore every traffic sign and signal. :unsure:

In PA, at least in the past, if there was an accident between a bicyclist and a motor vehicle, the traffic incident report would be filled out just the same as if it were two motor vehicles, and determination of fault treated the same. The car will be "vehicle A", and the bicycle will simply be "vehicle B", or vice versa.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #307  
   / What is some of your Pet Peeve's #308  
Weird. I didn't see much of a justification in the "study" for why allowing bicycles to treat stop signs as yield signs improves safety. It sure seems counter-intuitive to me. Highlighting a correlation that supports the idea doesn't mean that they understand the underlying cause for the data results.
Sure it seems counterintuitive. Just like the zipper merge. There are people here on TBN that will purposely block other people from passing them to get up to the merge point ahead of them 'just because'. (real reason: they are furious), and regardless of the changing laws in their state, they've always done it that way, so something new can't be better.

Don't ask about roundabouts.

;)

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #309  
Where's the part of the study where motorists get so fed up with men in tights needlessly impeding their progress, that they just mow them down out of frustration? :p

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #310  
Weird. I didn't see much of a justification in the "study" for why allowing bicycles to treat stop signs as yield signs improves safety. It sure seems counter-intuitive to me. Highlighting a correlation that supports the idea doesn't mean that they understand the underlying cause for the data results.
The gist of it is that bicyclists (and motorists) are more careful at red lights VS green lights. Since the light is red, bicyclists in those states have to treat it as a yield, meaning they have to yield to the right of way (be prepared to stop if necessary), or proceed if they won't interrupt the flow of traffic. Accident rates went down in those states.