What is some of your Pet Peeve's

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #381  
Related, I'm not sure why American media needs to give us the weight of every large object in units of "African Elephants" or "747's".

I can guess how heavy an African Elephant or Boeing 747 might be, but I really don't know for sure. What I do know is pounds, tons, and kilograms. Just give me a friggin' number in pounds or tons, if you feel some need to tell me how heavy something is.

In my world-travels, I seem to only come across this phenomenon here in USA, I've never experienced it anywhere else.
meteor.jpeg

Bruce

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #382  
Lol my truck empty weighs about as much an adult female African elephant but can just barely legally tow a male African elephant.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #383  
People who repeat everything you said to them with the prefix, So what your says is…

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #384  
So, what you're saying is that people who repeat everything you say to them annoys you?
I just wanted to get it right.:unsure:

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #385  
People who repeat everything you said to them with the prefix, So what your says is…

On a positive note, that indicates that the person is listening well enough to at least parrot back what you just said. It's also a communication technique, called active listening, but you are supposed to repeat back in your own words, to confirm mutual understanding.

I've had more problems where someone is mentally disengaged and doesn't hear the words of others.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #386  
On a positive note, that indicates that the person is listening well enough to at least parrot back what you just said. It's also a communication technique, called active listening, but you are supposed to repeat back in your own words, to confirm mutual understanding.

I've had more problems where someone is mentally disengaged and doesn't hear the words of others.
What?

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #387  
Related, I'm not sure why American media needs to give us the weight of every large object in units of "African Elephants" or "747's".

I can guess how heavy an African Elephant or Boeing 747 might be, but I really don't know for sure. What I do know is pounds, tons, and kilograms. Just give me a friggin' number in pounds or tons, if you feel some need to tell me how heavy something is.

In my world-travels, I seem to only come across this phenomenon here in USA, I've never experienced it anywhere else.
Why does everyone one with a dog have to say how much it weighs?

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #388  
So, what you're saying is that people who repeat everything you say to them annoys you?
I just wanted to get it right.:unsure:
You were certainly listening! Funny though.

/ What is some of your Pet Peeve's #390  
From US, AU, and UK

My college astronomy class never mentioned busses as a unit of measurement.

Bruce

Last edited: