Comparison What is the best brand of tractor?

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #11  
Seems like it boils down to dealerships in the area for most people. Good JD dealer you will see a lot of green, good Case IH dealer you will see red, etc. Around here it is a majority red and green with some Fords, MF & botas mixed in.

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #13  
That's like asking> blonde or brunette.. they ALL have their faults, some are just easier to spot.. :shocked:

OK...I have to admit I always wanted to date a fiery redhead, that's really why I went orange. :D

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #14  
We (a ski club) have nothing now. We hope to get one ASAP that we can have serviced nearby AND breaks-down less often. :)

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #15  
Seems like it boils down to dealerships in the area for most people. Good JD dealer you will see a lot of green, good Case IH dealer you will see red, etc. Around here it is a majority red and green with some Fords, MF & botas mixed in.

Ditto- Often the bests ones have a good dealer near you. Or at least a source for parts.

Now for the fireworks- I'll speak to the under 40hp. In my group of friends we call this "fish on". Someone threw out the bait and some of us have taken the bait....

JD - good if you are a JD person. Proprietary FEL bucket attachment is limiting
Kubota- great service and dealer network but expensive and they often spec and feature less than others. e.g.-the L series
Kioti- Good with a good dealer network hard to find folks who have them and don't like them
TYM- nice feature set but trouble prone (see Mahindra) getting parts has been tough
Yanmar- nice machines but they are just restarting their own brand in USA so dealer network is lacking
Mahindra- has nice machines and some that have had issues. Typically spec out well when comparing to others. No DPF or DEF is a plus. Scan with OBD is also a plus

Last edited:
   / What is the best brand of tractor? #16  
We rented a YTM this past summer that may have been 10yo. Its was very nice and easy to operate,,, but it also broke down twice on us :-(.

Last edited:
   / What is the best brand of tractor? #17  
The best tractor for you is the one you like!

As a dealer I have seen people frustrated with tractors they don't like! I've found with the farmers and others that have multiple users that if it is not the operators favorite brand they might make sure it doesn't work!
I see people who trade every time there is a new bell or whistle! I have seen tractors that parts are virtually unavailable through the normal dealer channels and having to go to other manufacturers to get them. The good part of those that swap every couple of years is they don't have repair problems because there were not enough of them built that after ten years or more the parts aren't available. On that note it happens to much and from time to time depending on the use will require a change do to the need of a tractor and the potential to get it fixed.
The true test of a brand and the dealers is being able to get the parts to properly maintain them at twenty and thirty years down the road.

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #18  
Man up and tell us what you really think!

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #19  
Like tractors and women, the one with the big hooters

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #20  
That's like asking> blonde or brunette.. they ALL have their faults, some are just easier to spot.. :shocked:

Actually, all are made by the same **** sapiens. They just paint 'em different colors.:D excuse the green.