Comparison What is the best brand of tractor?

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #31  
Man up and tell us what you really think!

I grew up in the industry and still work in it and have depending on colors, manufacturers and retail names have sold about 17 different {brands} through the years. There has only been one when all things being considered that I'd put overall on top. Number two for that respect I only got to sell for a couple of years. The original orange still has the best fit for all parts of it!

/ What is the best brand of tractor?
I grew up in the industry and still work in it and have depending on colors, manufacturers and retail names have sold about 17 different {brands} through the years. There has only been one when all things being considered that I'd put overall on top. Number two for that respect I only got to sell for a couple of years. The original orange still has the best fit for all parts of it!

IMG_6637.JPG

IMG_6638.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

Which is the original?

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #33  
My answer...the best tractor? Why, the one your wife says you can have...of course.

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #35  
bobcathat.jpeg :thumbsup:

/ What is the best brand of tractor?
I think this tractor will out pull any tractor in this thread:

IMG_6314.JPG

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #38  
Best brand for pulling has to be Big Bud for sure.

Attachments

• bud-8-sp.jpg
    bud-8-sp.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 202
   / What is the best brand of tractor? #39  
I watch buyers suffer thru the process of purchasing a tractor on TBN all the time. I have genuine sympathy for buyers that have no personal history of use to rely on. They have to make their decision on how comfortable the seat is or the height of the step or the gauges or because this brand offers better financing. For those buyers it's a complete "shot in the dark". Miraculously in the end it usually works out. Not because they chose the "best" tractor. Simply because they conformed to it's personality and accepted it's weaknesses. After all they just committed a large amount of money toward it truly being the "best choice". Very few people will admit it wasn't.

My friend James on here has forgotten more about guns than I'll ever know. He can methodically and logically choose the "best" gun for his needs. He's considered an "expert" in that area. He might not be that experienced in tractors. So he is left with using his intellectual skills to make the choice. The farther down that road the decision goes, the more chance or risk of making a bad choice. That's simply life. No flame here James, just picked on you because I know you can handle it. :)

So again, I have sympathy for buyers and the processes they individually have to use, based on their personal life experiences.

I currently own 3 tractors. 3 colors. Each of them individually is the "best" tractor for my needs. :)

/ What is the best brand of tractor? #40  
I watch buyers suffer thru the process of purchasing a tractor on TBN all the time. I have genuine sympathy for buyers that have no personal history of use to rely on. They have to make their decision on how comfortable the seat is or the height of the step or the gauges or because this brand offers better financing. For those buyers it's a complete "shot in the dark". Miraculously in the end it usually works out. Not because they chose the "best" tractor. Simply because they conformed to it's personality and accepted it's weaknesses. After all they just committed a large amount of money toward it truly being the "best choice". Very few people will admit it wasn't.

My friend James on here has forgotten more about guns than I'll ever know. He can methodically and logically choose the "best" gun for his needs. He's considered an "expert" in that area. He might not be that experienced in tractors. So he is left with using his intellectual skills to make the choice. The farther down that road the decision goes, the more chance or risk of making a bad choice. That's simply life. No flame here James, just picked on you because I know you can handle it. :)

So again, I have sympathy for buyers and the processes they individually have to use, based on their personal life experiences.

I currently own 3 tractors. 3 colors. Each of them individually is the "best" tractor for my needs. :)

I used to bleed green, especially 2 cylinder green. I told my wife about 8 months ago I should sell the skidsteer and buy a tractor with a loader on it, she said whatever you want to do. I started looking for a 2355 J.D. like 1990's old because they are better tractors than what they make now, any of them. They had 5,000+ hours on them and they wanted $18,000+ for them. I couldn't afford that. Just so happens we stopped by a friends one day, he and his brother own probably 8 Fords. He out of the blue said "I think I am going to sell my tractor" and pointed to his 4630 with the loader on it. I said what you want for it? He gave me a price and I said let me see if I can sell the skidsteer and I'll be interested. Well it was all on Gods time and it worked out, man came bought the skidsteer and every attachment and didn't try to get me down on price at all. Called my friend and said I'm ready for the tractor. It's a 1993 model with 1,040 hours on it. Selling the skidsteer and buying the Ford I had enough money left for a used Woods 6' bush hog & a brand new Bush Hog 7' box scrape. I wouldn't have bought a Ford from just anyone, my friend owned it for 10+ years and I know it's a good one and been in the shed it's entire life (he knew the guy he got it from). I wouldn't have looked at Fords nor could I afford what I wanted (2355 J.D.) but it is what it is and I am happy. The more I run this Ford the more I like it, I grew up on a green tractor and that's why I'm partial to them. I would rather have a low hours tractor from 2000 back than I had any new one no matter what kind it is.