What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel?

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
Been looking at zero turn mowers would like a diesel 60" deck or would a gas one be just as good?

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #2  
I have had a ZD21 and now a ZS326. Both are great. The extra cost for the Diesel engine is worthwhile if you mow commercially or lots of acres. They are very fuel efficient but the downside is they are very heavy machines. I personally could get by with a gas zero turn but I like the torque and efficiency of the diesel.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #3  
Rob80, I bought a Ferris IS2600Z diesel zero turn 2yrs ago.It's very fuel efficient and the suspension floats over our rough yard. I cut roughly 2.5 to 3 acres and I'm not beat up when I'm finished. It has a Yanmar diesel engine. I believe that it was around $16000.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #4  
Easy to spend someone else's money, but man... do I love my diesel mowers! Diesel is easier to handle, the mowers are more fuel efficient, and they last longer.
I bought my first diesel (zd326) just to mow my 6 acres, and now mow semi commercial with 2 diesels.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #5  
Yes, get the diesel! :)

I recently tested both Kubota options of a 24HP gas 60" ZT and a 24HP diesel 60" ZT in tall, thick grass and the difference became apparent rather quickly.

The diesel also sounded better and it was a bit quieter and it didn't sound like a "lawn mower".

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #6  
diesel85 - how did the mowing cuts compare between the two units ?

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel?
damn they are costly!

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #9  
Most things are today........

Actually it's the opposite for most factory produced equipment due to increased productivity / mass production.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #10  
Be smart. How old are you, how much grass do you cut, and how often. Spending $13k to mow three acres 20 times a year is not too smart if you are 70 years old.

In the above example, you are looking at 1 1/2 hrs per cut so 30 hours a year. Do you really need a diesel if you will put less than 600 hours on it before you die? Unless fuel goes to $50/gal I would ignore the fuel savings.

Lots of folks need to justify pissing away $$$.