What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel?

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #11  
Well I don’t have to justify to anyone how or why I spend my money. Could I get by with a MTD branded POS from some box store? Probably, but I choose to own a quality piece of equipment that is dependable and capable. It reduces my mowing time drastically which allows more time for other pursuits. Also my ZD326 is 11 years old and looks like new when cleaned up. I suspect it would sell fast for a fair amount of money. So it’s very likely when all is said and done that machine’s bottom line might be just a little more costly than the MTD, if it would last 10 years. I’m not trying to tell anyone what to do. It’s your money, go forth and prosper

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #12  
I upgraded with a new mower last year. I looked at the zero turn gas & diesel. I only have around two acres to mow. I went with a JD X570 gasser. They are fantastic units but just too much $$$ for my needs.

I'm looking for some form of PTO driven cutter. Either flail or bush hog. One way or the other - they will get my money.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #13  
Well I don’t have to justify to anyone how or why I spend my money. Could I get by with a MTD branded POS from some box store? Probably, but I choose to own a quality piece of equipment that is dependable and capable. It reduces my mowing time drastically which allows more time for other pursuits. Also my ZD326 is 11 years old and looks like new when cleaned up. I suspect it would sell fast for a fair amount of money. So it’s very likely when all is said and done that machine’s bottom line might be just a little more costly than the MTD, if it would last 10 years. I’m not trying to tell anyone what to do. It’s your money, go forth and prosper
Don’t get your undies in a knot. I cut two acres with a big box Husqvarna rider that is 9 years old. A $13k mower is a dumb choice for a 70 year old man.

Buying a $5k gas ZT this year because I hate cutting grass...I know it is a stupid waste of money but I am doing it anyway. I hate cutting grass and can afford to piss a few thousand away.

The Husky pisses me off because it will not die....selling it for $1000 and it has cost me $100 in maintenance.

It’s freaking grass....enjoy your high end mower...but it a waste of money for most folks. YMMV

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #14  
Don’t get your undies in a knot. I cut two acres with a big box Husqvarna rider that is 9 years old. A $13k mower is a dumb choice for a 70 year old man.

Buying a $5k gas ZT this year because I hate cutting grass...I know it is a stupid waste of money but I am doing it anyway. I hate cutting grass and can afford to piss a few thousand away.

The Husky pisses me off because it will not die....selling it for $1000 and it has cost me $100 in maintenance.

It’s freaking grass....enjoy your high end mower...but it a waste of money for most folks. YMMV

You can recoup most of your money from a high end mower that doesn’t see much use where a used residential mower isn’t worth much. But if you’re 70 and can afford it what difference does it make anyway?

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #15  
I have a 428D Grasshopper with a Kubota diesel. The pros, they’re quieter than a gas burner ( imo ), they’re fuel efficient, and they run about forever. The downside is if you’re not cutting a lot of grass you’ll probably never come out ahead.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #16  
Well just a small clarification, I was 54 when I bought my ZD326. I doubt if I ever need another mower as it has about 490 hours on it now. That is unless I want to sell it and buy another.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #17  
I have owned both gas and diesel ZTR.Diesel is the way to go if cutting a lot of acreage .

Attachments

• Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 351
  • Ford Truck 125.jpg
    Ford Truck 125.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 170

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #18  

Wow sounds like you really hate cutting grass!

Better mower may help some?

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #19  
You can recoup most of your money from a high end mower that doesn’t see much use where a used residential mower isn’t worth much. But if you’re 70 and can afford it what difference does it make anyway?
I hear that rationale all the time...about recouping your investment...but it is not a good one. You can only recoup it if you stop cutting grass (die, move off the property, etc), or replace the mower with another one. Otherwise you have $13k+ tied up doing what a machine that costs half of that will do. Look, I can understand spending that if you live where grass has to be mowed 40 or 50 times a year and a person has acres of grass to cut. But those are exceptions.

And if I had those circumstances, I would get a rear finishing mower and cut 95% in air conditioned comfort with my cabbed tractor. Then spend $4k for a ZT to do the areas with trees/fences etc.

In my case, I can afford $5-6k to handle my 2 acres. But even it is overkill...I am 95% certain a $4k machine will last longer than I will...LOL. At a usage of 25 hours a year, a ZT that will run for 600 hours will last me over 20 years. $13k to get a diesel is nuts...for this old phart, most old pharts and many younger ones.

Heck, if I am wrong, the cost for a new 26HP Kohler is $1600. A diesel engine on a ZT for most folks make no sense.

/ What is the cheapest kubota zero turn diesel? #20  
My son-in-law has a lot of rough ground that he and his father mow weekly using two Gas-mowers (Cub lo-boy and John Deere 265). His pickup truck was parked in the shed the other day with 35 gallons of gas in the bed (7x5 Gallon cans). About 20 gallons are already used up over the weekend. I have an 85 year old friend that mows 5 acres... I've been with him when he fills up. Due to his age, he leaves the cans in the truck bed (a big "no-no"). 25 gallons for each fill-up (about every 2 weeks).

Gas is cheap. Gas mowers are cheaper than Diesel. However, gas is NOT safe to transport. Especially in hot summer weather.

My vote would be diesel: either a PTO or belly mount CUT or a ZTR....

My personal mower for my small yard is a Ryobi electric riding mower. No gas, no oil, no belts...