What is the good Chainsaw for clearing?

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #12  
if I did it again, I would buy an echo. look for a local dealer for the best service and selection.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #13  
I have a CS-620 and a CS-490- bought at a local dealer

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #14  
The only thing I might add is I would stay away from the Stihl "Easy2start" systems. They should rename it; "For those who are not strong enough to pull the starter cord hard enough to start it, and therefore probably not strong enough to safely use a chain saw, and another complicated item that will eventually fail and is hard to fix" option.

Actually it is OK if you seldom use your saw, but for a regular user, it just adds frustration.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #16  
Not sure how many "easy start" with a guaranteed ONE pull you are going to find. Stihl want it on choke and you pull a couple times till it wants to go. From there you switch it to run and it generally starts at that point with one pull, but it may have taken you 4 pulls to get there so it depends on your definition of easy. I find it pretty easy, but have no conditions that keep me from pulling the starter a few times.

If you want one-pull, maybe look at electric/battery saws. You may need some more batteries to go all day, but maybe it is a better option if you really need ONE or NO pulls to make it happen.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #17  
As I posted before, I am clearing several lots, and need a good chainsaw to tackle the bigger trees and can grind them down afterward with a stump grinder. But you really cant find out much of anything out of the stores on what works for solid pine and oak that we have down here. What is a good Chainsaw that starts on the first pull, lightweight but powerful, and doesnt breakdown after a day or two of heavy cutting..?

What diameter are "bigger trees"?

Few saws start on the first pull when cold. Two strokes just don't work that way.

60cc is a little small for a 24" bar. If you are using that bar a lot (and buried in wood not just diddling with the tip) you'll want more power.

If you have a lot of trees to cut, a pro level saw will be worth the extra $$. They are lighter and have more power than the same size homeowner saw. Stihl is always a good bet and is what most of the pro tree crews around here use.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #18  
My 24 is a CS-620P and takes up to a 27". The 24 does not bog down on plunge or full bar buried.

I agree for the professional level saw.
I have been around pros for a long time and the bigger Stihl Saws always amaze me.

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing?
What diameter are "bigger trees"?

Few saws start on the first pull when cold. Two strokes just don't work that way.

60cc is a little small for a 24" bar. If you are using that bar a lot (and buried in wood not just diddling with the tip) you'll want more power.

If you have a lot of trees to cut, a pro level saw will be worth the extra $$. They are lighter and have more power than the same size homeowner saw. Stihl is always a good bet and is what most of the pro tree crews around here use.
The 20-30 inch diameter trees got burnt so they easy to cut and grind or pull out, but the invasive don't seem to burn and actually spread even more with the fire. They are sprouting everywhere and are 6 to 8 diameter already. Can't let them spread or like the 10 acre the county took, you could barely walk through it..

/ What is the good Chainsaw for clearing? #20  
Bought my first Stihl saw in 1980 a 031-AV for light clearing and just replaced it last Spring with another Stihl, they just keep going.