What is the worst dog you ever had?

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
After reading the thread "What is the best dog you ever had?" that I am enjoying so much I thought that this would also be a decent thread. I have nothing to input to it because all my dogs have always been the best but I am sure that many of you have had a dog that fit in this thread well. So, tell me about that cursed mongrel.

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #2  
Got a Dobermann from a local breed rescue. We're experienced Dobermann owners. Wife was a dog handler in the Air Force. He would have been the fourth of the breed. Rescue picked him up as a stray wandering the streets. No history on him. Relatively young, about a year old. After we got him home... he was a food guarder. When asleep, touch him by hand no problem, nudge him with a foot and he'd come up snarling. Final issue that sent him back to be put down after 6 months, was unprovoked and unpredictable aggression. Three times he drew blood. Fifth and Sixth Dobermanns have been great dogs. I've a Dobermann laying at my feet as I type this.

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #3  
A golden retriever that I’m pretty sure was inbred. It was the absolute stupidest dog I’ve ever had. I gave it away after a couple months.

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #4  
I have several neighbors dogs that come on my property to growl and bark at me and my kids, dig up my flower beds and sh@t on my driveway. And there is something wrong with me for telling those neighbors to keep their lovable and friendly rotweiler's tied up on their own property.

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #5  
I've never really had a worst dog out here. I've had a couple that just couldn't adapt to life in the country. No matter how hard I tried - they just never understood that staying in close was important. Around here - you range out, you become coyote food.

So...... my last two dogs have been Cocker Spaniels. The first one learned about coyotes, early on, and lived for 16 years. My current dog has the same knowledge and will live long and prosper.

My driveway - everything likes to crap on my driveway. My dog, the coyotes, the turkeys AND the neighbors cows. That's just the way it is out here. As I drive/walk down my driveway - I can read what's going on in the local neighborhood by what has been left on the driveway.

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #6  
Pit chow, had two. One was attacking the other. Had to take the one that was attacking the other back to the shelter after having her for 6 years. The next year the one that was being attacked killed my basenji mix. I am still horrified by the damage a pit/chow can do. If i can go back and change one thing it was going to the shelter that day to get them.

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #7  
When we were younger (and knew nothing), we decided to get a puppy for the kids from the Humane Society. We went and saw a cute little guy. Humane Society said it was a beagle and would get to 30ish pounds.

It had just been fixed.

He was so calm and gentle and cute.

6 months later it turns out he was a long legged Coon hound, very aggressive, very alpha and mean. He was already 50 pounds and tall. He bit me and my wife. We were worried about the kids who were 5 and 3.

We took him to training for weeks - but no success. He was banned from doggie day care for biting a worker.

So, very reluctantly, we had to return him. He was adopted a few weeks later by a guy with a farm where he could run around all day and get rid of his natural energy.

Thank goodness it all worked - but he was not the right dog for us at that point.

MoKelly

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #8  
To me, there are two kinds of dogs..... Rough Collies and, Everything Else. Pure Breds. Only way to fly.

Here's a pic of our guy from several years ago.

1622724413751.png

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #9  
Just wrong dog for me. Had a husky that had to run. He would climb fences to get out . Had him on dog run he would jump the fence and hang himself after a minute he would jump back rest then jump fence and hang himself again. He went to a friend with acreage and was fine.

/ What is the worst dog you ever had? #10  
I have 2 female Rat Terriers, all others are just dogs......