What Is This Antique Tool?

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
A friend of mine came up with a strange hand tool, and posted a pic of it on Facebook to see if anyone knew what it was. It's been 2 weeks, and nobody has a (serious) answer. So here it is. What the heck is it?

weird tool.jpg

OP
Argonne

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
Good one Bruce! For the record, it took 14 minutes on TractorByNet to identify.

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Good one Bruce! For the record, it took 14 minutes on TractorByNet to identify.

And that included the time taken looking up some references after identifying it.

:)

Bruce

CCWKen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford-3910, JD-420C, Kenbota-Custom, IH-2606
Meat tenderizer for bacon strips maybe. Can't see that being of any use on a Texas Steak. :licking:

MossRoad

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
That was my thought too. I have seen something like that before, but don't recall it having anything to do with tenderizing meat. Oh well, it's certainly before my time.

News Flash!

Patent US613572 - Marshall e - Google Patents

"Be it known that I, MARSHALL E. HUNT,

of Belle Plain, in the county of Benton and State of Iowa, have invented a new and Improved Meat-Tenderer, of which the following is a full, clear, and exact description.

The object of my invention is to provide a simple form of device particularly adapted for beating meat for the purpose of rendering the tion of the tenderer being both to cut and tobruise the-meat and yet not mutilate it beyond the necessary degree to render it tender.

Another object of the invention is to so con struct the meat-tenderer that it will be exceedingly simple, economic, and capable of being readily cleaned."

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
"Be it known that I, MARSHALL E. HUNT,

of Belle Plain, in the county of Benton and State of Iowa, have invented a new and Improved Meat-Tenderer, of which the following is a full, clear, and exact description.

The object of my invention is to provide a simple form of device particularly adapted for beating meat for the purpose of rendering the tion of the tenderer being both to cut and tobruise the-meat and yet not mutilate it beyond the necessary degree to render it tender.

Another object of the invention is to so con struct the meat-tenderer that it will be exceedingly simple, economic, and capable of being readily cleaned."

"device particularly adapted for beating meat"