Comparison What is this tractor on the this ad?

/ What is this tractor on the this ad? #11  
Re: What is this tractor on the Machine Underground add?

I think there is some confussion....Dennis is asking about the tractor that he has posted a link to...

Attachments

• What kind of tractor.png
    What kind of tractor.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 109
   / What is this tractor on the this ad?

Thanks guys, I'd say Dutra (D4K) wins the look alike contest.
Here's lots of shots from a German site:
WWW.Dutra-Traktor.de

The one I've seen locally was without a cab and seemed to be smaller than most of the ones pictured, but the look was the same. Prolly just that I was a bit far away to appreciate the actual size.

Thanks!,
Dennis

/ What is this tractor on the this ad? #13  

"we had a 3588 and it was not "flawed' in my eyes.."

Note, I didn't say the tractor or design was flawed. No. IH's design, sales, marketing, and dealer system didn't all quite agree on what it was and a as result it was sold to people who weren't exactly buying what they thought it was supposed to be. I've always had a fond fascination with them.

"So IMHO, it was BRILLIANT if used as advertised and designed..."

Exactly my point. Agree 100%. Too many bought these things thinking they were big, heavy duty 4wds and treated them as such just as you describe. And they tore them up and gave IH a black eye in the process.

/ What is this tractor on the this ad? #14  
The 2 + 2 was just another nail in IH's coffin.

/ What is this tractor on the this ad? #15  
+1

IH was an engineering and selling powerhouse that whom J.D. snuck up upon and shattered with extreme marketing and buyer acumen.

The "2+2" was an idea that helped in no small part to do them in. Point to J.D.

/ What is this tractor on the this ad? #17  
The IH, versatile and most others are articulated....the dutra (like the original pic) is a rigid tractor with equal size wheels and steering axle like COUNTY or MUIR HILL...!

Last edited:
   / What is this tractor on the this ad? #18  
+1

IH was an engineering and selling powerhouse that whom J.D. snuck up upon and shattered with extreme marketing and buyer acumen.

The "2+2" was an idea that helped in no small part to do them in. Point to J.D.

The family that farms our land had been IH people pretty well all of their lives until they bought the articulated tractors and used them for a few years. They were replaced by John Deere and no with the exception of an old non articulated IH 1486 they never use, John Deere is all they own.

I like the articulated IH tractors, but I didn't have to make a living with them.