What is this?

/ What is this? #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Can anyone enlighten me on what the red tube thing running up along side of the hydraulic cylinder? Looks like it might have broke off at some point as someone used rope to re-attach it.

Thanks IMG_1810.jpgIMG_1808.jpg

/ What is this?
So what is that? Or should I say what does it do and how does it function? Thanks

/ What is this? #4  
What ever it is it dont belong there and shouldn't be wrap around the bucket pin.

/ What is this? #6  
Can't see the ends, but bucket level rod?

Yes quite possibly or the rope went trough the tube for a FEL bucket fence T post extracter . Heres one i had in stock at one time (2013) . Goes over fence T post and you would pull on rope(s) sitting on tractor , pull out post release on ground and onward to the next one (in theory) . It was sold by Speeco . It retailed for $69.99. I found it new in box at a TSC clearance rack 3 bucks plus tax . I had no use for it so I flipped it . I dont think Speeco sells them anymore the SpeeCo Tractor-Mounted T-Post Puller, Model# was 16110800 . Not sayin thats what they had on there but with that tube same principle .

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 177
   / What is this? #7  
It’s a bucket indicator. When installed correctly the relationship of the rod end to the top of the tube shows the angle of the bucket.

/ What is this? #8  
Looks like a shade tree mechanic bucket level indicator

/ What is this?
Ok thanks guys. So how would it need to be repaired? I can see that would be beneficial

/ What is this? #10  
Can anyone enlighten me on what the red tube thing running up along side of the hydraulic cylinder? Looks like it might have broke off at some point as someone used rope to re-attach it.

ThanksView attachment 613784View attachment 613785

Bucket level indicator when FEL in down position and bottom of bucket parallel to earth, top of indicator shows position...

One in picture seems to be bent out of shape... Rod going through tube should be straight ( at least in my opinion)...

My version...

DSC01712-6.jpg

DSC01709-4.jpg

DSC01711-5.jpg

DSC01713-7.jpg

Somewhere on this site is my build... This may be it...

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...c1705-bucket-level-indicator.html#post5111670

Dale