What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,341  
1636209030519.png

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,342  
!!!! FREE FIREWOOD !!!!

Need someone to take down a rotten old tree hanging over my house.

Must be licensed and bonded.

Keep the firewood for payment.

Bruce
Has a fishing license and he's out on bond.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,343  
Has a fishing license and he's out on bond.
That's truer than you might think. I hired a guy to remove a couple trees; he worked until noon and asked for "some gas money". I googled him via the DOC and found out he was an ex con; served time for selling drugs, assault, intimidating a witness, etc.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,344  
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,345  
Colin Powell’s Thirteen Rules

Bruce

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,346  
Years ago, I was camping at a state campground, and a guy at the next site was splitting some firewood.

His wife yelled out, "Be careful! Don't chop your fingers off!"

He immediately snapped back, "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!"

I thought that was hilarious, and I've wanted to use that quote ever since. But it needs a proper setup, and I would need to be thinking about it to give the proper immediate response. Perhaps someone more quick-witted than me can make use of it.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,347  
I would have replied "Then you come hold this log while I chop it".

All kidding aside, I had an aunt who held a chunk of wood while my uncle hit it with an axe. He got her forefinger on her right hand; it was only held on with a piece of skin. My Grandmother covered it with a mix of turpentine and sugar and taped it back on. It never got infected, and grew back...except her finger was crooked the rest of her life.

They were just little kids at the time, probably 5 or 6, and they lived far from town, in about the year 1910 or so.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,349  
When my youngest brother was being born I was staying with my grandparents. My uncle Steve was from "Family, Part 2" and only 6 years older than my 5. We were in the back shed and he was splitting pieces of wood with a largish knife. He offered/encouraged me to do the same. I didn't end up in the ER, but I still have a very noticeable scar 50+ years later*. His mother was about as 180° to impressed as you can get! :D

*only a flesh wound - all bones intact. Not that big a deal in the overall scheme of things, but I can tell you that as a 5 year old I thought I was gonna die!

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,350  
"Try SCE to AUX." John Aaron. November 14, 1969