What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,491  
Passwords aren't always that simple, and some even require periodic changes, that's why I write them down - because odds are that the email that I would send my password list to will not accept it one day :)
must contain 6 characters, OR must contain 8 characters, AND must have CAPS, small font, symbols, no spaces, needs to be a strong password ...
my strong and creative password that was accepted 10 years ago, may be too simplistic today
BINGO!

I have a great password that my wife shared with me. Can't always be used with different providers.

Got a call from a guy on a document that I password protected that I sent out 10 years ago, Adobe password still going strong (I unlocked the document, changed it to his name and then let him deal with it to make the changes he felt necessary).

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,493  
Local security podcast suggested that you use you a unique too you password and then modify it for every website. This is their suggestion adapted to GTT and Tractor by Net albeit random and not my password.

JohnDeere.GTT#3032e

JohnDeere.TBN#3032e

This way you have a unique password for every website that you are more likely to remember. They also suggested that you change the numerical portion by increasing or decreasing one digit on a regular basis, no less than every 3 months.
This may have gone back a while, so I'm not sure if I already said this or not.

I use a password manager. It remembers passwords for every* site. Additionally, it has a password generator, with which you can select the length as well as types of characters.

For instance, here is a password I just generated: Y$nq#74v*^M#nkr2i*J9CT+8

No need to write it down or memorize (!!) it. The program saves it. It is also saved to the cloud, and synchronizes it to other connected devices. So whether I'm on my phone, laptop or desktop, they are always there. Additionally, if I got stranded in a foreign country with no devices I could log into my cloud account using my Master Password (which IS something I can remember, but fairly complex and substitutes "shifted" characters instead of the regular one - i.e. % instead of 5) and access all my passwords.

Further, it has "Safe Notes", free text notes. For those things that either don't work with certain websites, or things like SSNs etc.

*some websites have been constructed such that they don't have identifiable fields which can be saved. That's when the Safe Notes come into play.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,494  
I would get real queasy saving passwords on the cloud. But that is me.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,495  
I would get real queasy saving passwords on the cloud. But that is me.
All your property, financial and identity info is in the cloud already. With or without your permission.

The best thing you can do is take precautions, not stick your head in the sand and pretend there are no risks.

Unless one is completely off the grid - all cash, no real estate, no DL, no tax returns, your data is in the cloud, and can be hacked.

Use strong passwords, change important ones regularly, put a credit freeze on all the reporting agencies, review your CC and bank account transactions.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,496  
Local security podcast suggested that you use you a unique too you password and then modify it for every website. This is their suggestion adapted to GTT and Tractor by Net albeit random and not my password.

JohnDeere.GTT#3032e

JohnDeere.TBN#3032e

This way you have a unique password for every website that you are more likely to remember. They also suggested that you change the numerical portion by increasing or decreasing one digit on a regular basis, no less than every 3 months.
I use Latin botanical names of plants or trees...

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,497  
I'll admit I didn't read all 550 pages of this... but in this crazy time we are living in... One of mine is....

"You better bring yours.. When you come for mine"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,498  
All your property, financial and identity info is in the cloud already. With or without your permission. The best thing you can do is take precautions, not stick your head in the sand and pretend there are no risks.
What does this have to do with me storing passwords in cloud? It doesn't.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,499  
Here's one from an old bar and card room in Templeton California,
Sign out front " Liquor in the front, Poker in the rear" one of my all time favorites 😂😂✌🏻
Lost the photo but....back in the 80s i saw a signhat said

Planned Parenthood

Use rear entrance

honest