What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,931  
Reminds me of a time when some folks carried canned goods to donate to corner beggars' the ones that aske for $'s for food.
That stopped after a few had the cans tossed back in their faces.

Then came the stop light window washers that used that one dirty rag all day.
Been a while since I've seen that.

In my area there are a few breakfast diners where there is always a few 'casual workers' available.
Usually at a handy drive thru style breakfast place.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,932  
About 15 years ago a reporter in my home town looked into a known local bigger. Turned out he had a wife, 3 kids, new cars and a 4 bedroom house. Estimated income was over $40k a year. Last I heard of him, he had been contacted by the IRS. Never saw him again.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,933  
About 15 years ago a reporter in my home town looked into a known local bigger. Turned out he had a wife, 3 kids, new cars and a 4 bedroom house. Estimated income was over $40k a year. Last I heard of him, he had been contacted by the IRS. Never saw him again.
Guessing there's an autocorrect error somewhere there... ???

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,934  
The IRS is a bigger begger bagger.

Bruce

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,936  
Stupid auto correct!!!!!
Begger!!!
enema your.jpg

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,937  
i'm of two minds. i do not like having beggars on every other corner. i know there is lots of drug abuse and mental illness out there.

when i lived in portland, 2 things. the ladies decided the beggars needed bag lunches instead of $. found untouched lunch bags all over....they want $. The most lucrative corners were being fought over. i heard the city established a schedule and assigned corners for begging.

as usual, i got no solution.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,938  
Mallet
What is your story behind changing some of your threads to "Delete" in the title and removing content?

Get to know some of those standing on the street corners by trying to hire them. You may, as I did, find out that they get more money per hour on the corner than you are willing to pay.
They are not dumb, and are smarter than those who toss them sympathy money.
Yep! Money for food!
Give them a tin of food but duck as it might be promptly returned.

LOL, was once approached by a beggar and I ordered him to leave as this was my corner.
He did! (I was in dirty work clothes at that time and kind of looked the part)

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,939  
I am confident my last words will be "Oh ****, that didn't work!"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #5,940  
This is why I never became a cop. Every report I wrote would end with the statement "And thats when I shot him".