What kind of brakes on M7040 & how hard is it to renew?

/ What kind of brakes on M7040 & how hard is it to renew?
I am only now just getting in to that habit. Just a little more practice :)

/ What kind of brakes on M7040 & how hard is it to renew? #12  
Mechanical design is good...the lack of a warning light isn't.

I make a habit of kicking the brakes off EVERY time I get in the seat, and then again once moving to confirm the pedals released.
yep learned to start doing this after the second time i drove with the brakes on. for what these things cost. a 5 dollar light wouldn't kill them

/ What kind of brakes on M7040 & how hard is it to renew? #13  
The idea is to apply the park brake firmly enough that it stalls the tractor or crates a noticeable engine load when you drive off with it applied or try to. Yes, an indicator lamp or buzzer would be a huge improvement.

/ What kind of brakes on M7040 & how hard is it to renew? #14  
IMG_0487.JPG

Added light for the B26 parking brake. Also added brake lock handle extension to improve ergonomics and added visual of brake status. Wife hasn’t driven with brakes on since. Enuff said.
80s M5030 had indicator light on dash. M59 has lamp indicators for both pedal and hand parking brakes.

I like it Smokeydog!

/ What kind of brakes on M7040 & how hard is it to renew? #16  
I never rely on "park brakes". I always turn sideways on the slope. Always lower the loader bucket and jam it in the ground if I am concerned as well as lowering any rear attachment. Cramp the front wheels so it won't roll very far. I refuse to be smashed by my own doings. :(

As I was out there that's exactly what I was thinking after I backed down. I don't need to get hurt and I don't want my tractor to get hurt either.

/ What kind of brakes on M7040 & how hard is it to renew? #18  
As I was out there that's exactly what I was thinking after I backed down. I don't need to get hurt and I don't want my tractor to get hurt either.
I'm in the steep timber a lot. I've developed cautious habits in regards to getting off the tractor. Once I leave the seat I see the tractor as the enemy. My M9540 has a "park" selection in the trans. I don't trust it at all. I'll spend an extra couple minutes moving around to find a safe way to park the tractor.