What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans?

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #11  
3-in-1 in one of them, 30wt oil in another. Covers most everything in general when you need a drop of oil on something.

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #12  
ATF-comes in handy.
I also drain my empty oil bottles to keep my pump oilers filled.

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #13  
80W-90 in one because it is convenient for changing fluid in the bike's rear end.
I have a drain tray that lets you put empty oil bottles in the top and screw one on the drain at the bottom. You only get a few drops from each bottle but with all the oils I use the collection bottle seems to always be more than half full. That collected mix goes into a pump can that is used for all kinds of general use from sickle bars to door hinges.
Just don't ask about all the different cans of "specialty" stuff that sits under the lathe....

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #14  
One can is used but still good (synthetic) motor oil.
#2 is Marvel Mystery oil
#3 is new 20 wt synthetic oil. As an O/O pulling a tank trailer I sometimes haul new motor oils. Draining residue after unloading will net me a gallon or two. This stuff is also fantastic to lubricate slides on 1911s 😉

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #15  
I have one old can like that. When it goes empty, it gets whatever I have a partial can of just lying around. It may be 30 weight, 10w-40, might get some power steering fluid occasionally. For the general tasks I use it, it doesn't really matter.

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #16  
Nothing to do with oil cans but when I was in need of
some oil for lubing something and in the middle of no
where I got the dip stick out of the engine and there
was my lubing oil. Back in the early 70's I had a little
shed I kept my lawn mower gas in and every time I
opened the door could smell the gas fumes so I put
a pet cock in my fuel line on my pickup and a long
hose so when the lawn mower needed gas go over
to the truck and fill up no more gas fumes in shed!

haven't seen my oil cans in over 30 years but they
are there some where's

willy

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #17  
Don't know what half of them contain to be honest. 😳
Oh, I label and color-code mine. WD-40 is blue and yellow, kroil is orange, etc. (I had a kid with an artistic streak and turned her loose with her craft paints many years ago). The ones I've tried to label the oil eventually removes or destroys the label.

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #18  
50/50 ATF and acetone has been shown (as on YouTube) to be pretty good compared to WD-40, Kroil, PB Blaster and the rest. I keep it around in a squirt can.

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans?
50/50 ATF and acetone has been shown (as on YouTube) to be pretty good compared to WD-40, Kroil, PB Blaster and the rest. I keep it around in a squirt can.
Yeah, that is the recipe for rust buster I saw. I wonder if the acetone evaporates off over time. I guess if it is in a sealed container that would not happen. But one of those open topped oil cans might not be the best option I imagine.

/ What kinda lubes do you keep in your old oil cans? #20  
When I put this mix in anything but a sealed metal container the acetone always escapes over time so I have never tried it in an oil can. Most of my oil cans leak a little around the threads or piston hole so they probably won't hold acetone. Mixing small batches as I need it seems to work best for me.